BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Lizardmen - What Have I Missed?

I'm focussing on my Warmachine Khador at the moment, and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I don't see myself paying $50 for an army book for a game that I'm not playing a lot of right now.

That said, I am curious to hear what the new Lizardmen army book has done to my faction so that when the time is right (probably some time later this year when I need a break from stompy robots tzarist soldiers and decide to paint some stompy dinosaurs and lizard soldiers) I'm not totally surprised.

Also, assuming I had a fairly average 2k collection (except for having two Slaan for some reason that made sense at the time), what sort of stuff am I likely going to have to buy to continue to play at that points level? Do I need more of anything? Or is my collection still pretty valid and I'll just be buying the new terradons and sun-laser-prism-on-his-back-dinosaur-thing because they're awesome?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Dunno yet; it all looks pretty bad-*** right now.

It has made me want to dig out my lizards and put some fresh paint on my models.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

They are only up for preorder right now, so rules-wise it is still at the point of conjecture until this weekend, but I'd say what you have is probably safe, and you may want cool new things that you mentioned.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    They are only up for preorder right now...
    See what I mean? Totally out of the loop. I'll bump this thread back up this weekend and see if anyone has any news.

You could just trawl through the internet for the information like the rest of us do.....

It's my favourite miniatures wave of the last year or so. And that's a year which has seen a tremendous amount of good stuff. The new lizards rock socks. They're huge and characterful, and now two of the book's special characters are optional extras on the sprue of a damn plastic kit.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

I will be picking up all on the new releases at some point but will probably start with a unit of Terradons and then have a look at how the new units function. I really want the trog purely because I love the model spitting poison!

I'm hoping that sticking a BSB skink on a Terradon is a viable option in the new book, Saturday is creeping closer very slowly at the moment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    I will be picking up all on the new releases at some point but will probably start with a unit of Terradons and then have a look at how the new units function. I really want the trog purely because I love the model spitting poison!

I'm hoping that sticking a BSB skink on a Terradon is a viable option in the new book, Saturday is creeping closer very slowly at the moment
    I'm most excited about the bastilodon, myself. However, the fact that the carnasour is now available as a plastic or finecast model, as opposed to the enormous metal monstrocity it used to be, is making me think about getting a Saurus Lord/Hero on Carnasour. The troglodon is also neat, now that I see it, and the new terradons/ripperdactyls are far superior to the old ones.

I lucked out, actually. I don't own anything that's been one-upped by the new models. I have a ton of regular Saurus and temple guard Saurus, a smaller ton of Skinks, two salamanders, two Slaan (one of them a relic priest), and a hyper-magnetized stegadon. I never got around to getting terradon riders, something I am now very pleased about.

Brother-Captain

Yeah one of my housemates has a Lizardman army with a strong emphasis on fielding as many big stompy monsters in it as he can, so he is overjoyed with getting not only a plastic Carnosaur (he never liked the metal/finecast one so held off getting one) but 2 new big critters as well and plastic Terradons too. And there is the Lustria book coming from Warhammer Forge around the end of the year too, with no doubt some more dinosaurs and such critters in it as well. I actually feel sorry for his wallet!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

My only problem is that my local Fantasy community is dedicated to the hardcore/competitive/serious playstyle. There's nothing wrong with that playstyle, but I'm not sure how well I'd be received as a relative newbie (I own a bunch of lizards, but I've only played a handful of times). I'll probably give it a shot, anyway. Can't hurt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast