BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Berserker titles

Guys, I need your help...

I'm busy putting together a CSM Khorne warband which has its roots in the Horus Heresy (thus it was part of the World Eaters Legion until it tore itself apart and they became a warband)

The Warband will contain 2 Chaos Lords and I think they deserve titles...

My Iron Warriors have a Warsmith and an Over-Captain (from 'Siege of Castellax'), my Emperors Children have a Lord Commander and Captains (from 'Fulgrim') but how should I call my Khorne Lords ?

So, which title would a former Captain of the World Eaters Legion (and his second in command) use now he commands his own Warband.

PS: I posted this in the background forum because it really it just a fluff question.

Occuli Imperator

The post heresy seem to have what ever random names/titles you like, such as the headsman krull, or kragoon gorefist, so perhaps have something like that. Skullcollector, Hearteater or some such.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

The "Axenator" Axe-n-a-tor As long as he is equiped with an axe of some kind. The Zufor model has one, and berserkers have the options for axes.

The old school game Myth II: Soulblighter had a Beserker unit that had randomized names with appropriate suffixes including gems like: 'Whose laughter stinks of killing', 'Who harvests the weak', 'Red arm', 'Of the singing steel'. A suitably grim dark personal name plus one of those ought to do it.

Brother-Captain

"Callipygous, the Callipygian."

I used that as a character name for D&D many moons ago.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Headtaker
    Skull Champion
    Lord Executioner

Librarian

From reading up on the history of the World Eaters/ formerly the Warhounds, it seems they had 2 main ranks. Captains who commanded the Chapter size great companies, and Centurions who were lesser commanders who commanded smaller units of about 100 warriors or so.

Kharn is an example of a Captain as he commanded the World eaters elite 8th assault company.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

That's good info Daemonette666. Where do you get that info from ? (which book, which publication,... )

I'm always interested in more background/history ;-)

Librarian

I simply googled World Eaters officers ranks and chose the most apt result - the one I get the most data for 40K from. See link below:

[url]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/World_Eaters[/url]

May the internet search be with you.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666
    May the internet search be with you.
    I need to train on my google-fu it seems...

Thanks for the link, that wiki contains tons of information I didn't knew existed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast