BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supplements for all! (except Salamanders...)

Ahoy to all!

So I have no idea if this is news to anyone or maybe I am going crazy because it's late when I type this and my eyes are clouding over but with all the new supplements being announced (Iyadan, Farsight and Black Legion in this month's White Dwarf) I was thinking on what else would be coming. Now I know there are some rumours already floating about so I thought I would throw in a little something that has literally just jumped out at me while reading my Apocalypse rulebook, so much so it has made me do my first ever forum post. Sincere apologies if this has been brought up already but it's too late to trawl through and see if it has. Without further ado my thoughts.

So under the Sons of the Primarch special rules lists Finest Hour's for Space Marines that they can use instead of the generic tables. Now what has massively stood out to me is specific wording. And the use of Capitals!

Now have a look at the naming of and capitalisation of the Effects.

...and all friendly Iron Warriors...
    ...and all friendly White Scars... (already been told as a rumour)
    ...and all friendly Imperial Fists... (Also already been told as a rumour, and this one is given more strength if you go to the 1st Company Veterans datasheet it says ...the rest of the formation must be Imperial Fists as well... but wait there are no specific Imperial Fists! Not yet anyway...)
    ...and all friendly Iron Hands...
    ...and all friendly World Eaters...
    ...and all friendly Ultramarines...
    ...and all friendly Death Guard...
    ...and all friendly Black Legion... (supplement out this month)
    ...and all friendly Raven Guard...
    ...and all friendly Alpha Legion...

Now I have been thinking could this be of use to tie in with the Horus Heresy series? I think not otherwise it would list one for The Emperor's Children and not just models with the Mark of Slaanesh right? So if anyone else is buying into this theory it means the above could well be getting supplements which they can pump out through digital releases first and then hardback as that is how Black Legion and Farsight have been so far. What it might also mean then is sadly none of the following supplements.

Emperor's Children.
    Night Lords.
    Thousand Son's.
    Word Bearers.
    Salamanders.

Dark Angels/Blood Angels and Space Wolves all obviously have a codex.

Thoughts please!?
    Last edited by Twoshields; 07-31-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Chapter-Master

Aren't Alaitoc Pathfinders merely an upgrade from the rangers, to make them rend easier - found in main Eldar codex?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

My bad they are! Edited it as that source is not valid now.
    Last edited by Twoshields; 07-31-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Nah I think you're reading too much into that. The "all friendly...." aren't mentioned simply because the Primarch power only effects the Warlord.

It's a bit of a leap to go beyond that IMO

Brother-Sergeant

I want Lost and the Damned for Imperial Guard!

Fly Lord

I'm moving this to 40K General due to overall speculation.

Keep on chatting though...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I honestly suspect they do intend to do Chapter Supplements for all the first foundings (and by extension, their successors). I don't think this specifically is convincing evidence of that, though. I think in Apocalypse they're just trusting you to be the sort of person who so loves collecting Imperial Fists that you'll apply the result only to your Imperial Fists and not those Raven Guard you also have sitting over there.

On no Salamanders: Are you kidding? Salamanders have one of the strongest and best-known Chapter characteristics out there. I can't believe they won't get a supplement at some point.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Yeah your probably right regarding the Salamanders, and I'm a big advocate for them getting a supplement over even the Iron Hands.

I think most of the wording is realistically as you said for players to assume identity of their models and not just say "Hey those Red Corsairs would be better having the Ultramarines Sons of the Primarch rule".

Still it just weirded me out that for example it says Models with the Mark of Slaanesh for Emperor's Children. Why not say models with the Mark of Nurgle/Tzeentch/Khone etc for the others? I know some are specific to Warlords and them altering their rules like the Magnus one but +1A so all World Eaters? I'd rather my 20man Chaos Space Marine squads with the Mark of Khorne get it similar to the Emperor's Children.

To be truthful its more than likely wishful thinking on my part. But should it come true I'll never run out of "I told you so's" not that it ever matters who told who what when why and is that a cat?

peace x

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do release Supplements for everything listed, and more. It is possible that they have a rough order in mind of Supplement releases (information out of the last two big studio events said they are released when ready and they don't have an exact order), and don't have an intention to release the omitted ones before the next edition of Apocalypse. Even if they release one per month, it would still take years to get through your list, plus a few each for Eldar, Tyranids, Orks, Guard Regiments, important 2nd Founding Chapters like the Crimson Fists and Flesh Tearers, the others on the rumor list, and so on.

What would make Salamanders stand out on their own, other than having special characters?
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast