BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Occuli Imperator

My favourite is this one: [url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Warhammer-40K-Apocalypse-Scenery-Terrain-City-Fight-Table-Kit-/390827555988?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5aff2 33c94[/url]

I like how modular it looks and that it completely covers a board.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    My favourite is this one: [url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Warhammer-40K-Apocalypse-Scenery-Terrain-City-Fight-Table-Kit-/390827555988?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5aff2 33c94[/url]

Yep, that's the one. It's made up of a load of tiles, so you can change the road layout, re-arrange the buildings, or even decide that you want other things instead for which you'd just need to get other blank tiles and put whatever you wanted onto them. He's done some intact buildings now too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10268559_10152473456671062_6145989584921321520_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	9009

Occuli Imperator

That is HUGE!

I think it would take like 9 turns to climb from the ground to the roof...

How often is 40k played on the level or a couple of hills? What I like about these is that it enables height to come into it.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

That is HUGE!

I think it would take like 9 turns to climb from the ground to the roof...

How often is 40k played on the level or a couple of hills? What I like about these is that it enables height to come into it.
    I haven't seen these 'in the flesh' so to speak, but what I can foresee liking about them is the potential for it to make a multi-level board where lines of sight are all sorts of messed up. You might think that a heavy weapons team up top would be great, with some hugely overpowering field of vision, but chances are that the steep angles and other buildings in the way will mean there are all sorts of places to hide. But, like you say it's going to take too long to get guys along the ground and up the floors to get to them, so jump/jet troops start having a real niche role on a board like that jumping from roof top to roof top, with a whole different battle raging in the streets.

On the other hand, it might just be too big and have terrible LoS issues and make any guys on top of it useless. But I'm interested to find out.

Occuli Imperator

Could always make special rules for a lift.

Terrain Type: Lift

Transport Capacity: 20

The lift may move upto 5 floors per turn. For each turn a unit ends it's turn in the lift it must roll a D6 on the Dangerous Lift Test.

Dangerous Lift Test.

1 - Lift becomes stuck on the current floor. Unit may disembark onto the current level but may not use the lift again.
    2-5 - No effect
    6 - Plummet! The lift plummets from the current level to the floor, each model embarked suffers a S (lift level / 2, rounding down) hit AP-. The lift may not be used again.

The lift my be repaired by a model with a repair skill, e.g. Techmarine, Techpriest etc.

Chaplain

I recently bought this exact set.
    I cannot stress how good it is.
    Also, you can turn the 2' x 2' bases over and do a desert or grass board. Which I intend to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12