BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    As if 48" wasn't short ranged enough in Apoc - they made it shorter!?!

Holy hell. Why would I play apoc as an Eldar player ever again?
    And I still have a Marine player in my group claiming it's just fine. Cause, you know, it's not like I could take a Warhound for about 45pts more and get way the hell more firepower at a significantly longer range (and arguably better survivable being as you can't take a powerfist or a melta bomb to the backside). Or, for over 200pts less you could take a Shadowsword, which is a 7'' blast itself now that comes with a whopping 12' (that's FEET) of range over the Cobra. Or, for 25pts more I can just take 5 damn fire prisms with holofields and use a Sunstorm. It's 6 more hullpoints overall with a better shooting effect, and even if you lose a few it's still a bunch of S9 AP1 Lances that don't have to get right in the face of whatever it's trying to shoot at.

Chapter-Master

yeah, but isn't the cobra indirect fire?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    yeah, but isn't the cobra indirect fire?
    Yes, but I don't find that a particularly compelling advantage when as a category of weapons Destroyers already ignore cover. I suppose you could attempt to super-snipe HQs, but I think I'd rather just go the Warhound route and rely on my wealth of firepower to kill the whole rest of the unit anyway, and from a safe distance.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    Yea, you can put a scatter, as you can on a Cobra. Although you wouldn't want a Cobra with that range and points any more. The Lynx got as many HP as always. 6 (it had 2 SP, x3 this makes 6).
    Yet another weird thing: The Vampire Hunter has hover mode and is noted to not be able to use the super sonic rule while hovering. The Vampire Raider has no such restriction. C'mon Forge World, at least read the stuff you write at least once.
    Worse than that, by having the supersonic mode it can't enter hover mode at all. It literally does nothing.

Chapter-Master

I hadn't noticed the drop in range for the Cobra

FFS
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Could someone with the book confirm that the Lynx does not have a normal Pulsar? Thanks.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Initiate

Worse

They didn't enter from reserve and they didn't deep strike. They just *showed up* like they were hiding in the bushes all along. This meant that distruption beacons didn't work on them and they didn't scatter. Only restriction is that the lead WW couldn't show up less than 12" away from an enemy model. Not tough on an apocalypse board.

Ultimate void shield annhilation force.

One squad of them were able to take out two warlords' worth of void shields in a single turn.
    Did you played it as standard 3unit separatly or as "Armoured Spearhead" or as "Battle formation" ?

I would played it tomorrow ^^ That was my favorite in 5th ed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Libran'Ek View Post
    Did you played it as standard 3unit separatly or as "Armoured Spearhead" or as "Battle formation" ?

I would played it tomorrow ^^ That was my favorite in 5th ed.
    I used a single model as the lead War Walker (its actually an old school WW - the very first model that I bought and painted, yes its horrible) and then 4 squads of 3 walkers. The squads act independently from each other but usually they all fire at the imperator to take out its 12 void shields.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Initiate

I used a single model as the lead War Walker (its actually an old school WW - the very first model that I bought and painted, yes its horrible) and then 4 squads of 3 walkers. The squads act independently from each other but usually they all fire at the imperator to take out its 12 void shields.
    That´s logical ^^ I'm a little stupid some time �� but thank's

Played Vs I.G. And Orc,
    It was really great to played it with the new walker rules, 7 walker full BL on a Baneblade made them cry first turn, and cry again on second turn by loosing the Orc Stompa !

Thank's again to remember us this unbelievable awesome formation !

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Could someone with the book confirm that the Lynx does not have a normal Pulsar? Thanks.
    The Lynx keeps the standard 2 shot Pulsar.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617