BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default same rule, different effects?

hi folks,
    one question, if a unit in a 5th ed codex has rule X with the effect Y and a unit in a 6th ed codex also has rule X but with effect Z do the rules stay different according to what dex you use or does the new rule count for both instances? neither rule is a USR, so i assume it goes by what codex is used, correct?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by dirkspair View Post
    hi folks,
    one question, if a unit in a 5th ed codex has rule X with the effect Y and a unit in a 6th ed codex also has rule X but with effect Z do the rules stay different according to what dex you use or does the new rule count for both instances? neither rule is a USR, so i assume it goes by what codex is used, correct?
    Yeah you use whatever the relevant codex states, gone are the days of the "most recent publishing"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Yup, unless the FAQs point you back to the BRB.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkspair View Post
    hi folks,
    You'd pretty much expect to go with the particular ruling in each Codex I'd think, do you have an example of where this has happened ?

Veteran-Sergeant

rites of battle: in BA dex, use tychos Ld for morale and pinning tests. in DA dex, use azraels Ld for any Ld test (nice against tests against psi scream and the doom of malantai)

bolster defences: in BA dex, only for ruins, in DA dex, any area terrain

servo arm: in BA dex, ST 8 (great for the servitors), in DA dex, STx2

yep well definitely those ones will be as per the codex in each case as they are tied into the "balance" of the Codex within itself.
    There are a few special rules that have the same name but different effects depending on the Codex you use, even between 6th Ed stuff.

Some interesting changes there, it looks like the servo arm doesn't grant the extra attacks like it used to.