BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Iron Father

I hope grammar isn't the only indication of a reasonable poster, mines terrible .
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Phototoxin View Post
    GW could give away the models free and people would still complain that they had to put them together, that finecast was crap, that X unit is broken/overpowered/useless/fugly etc.

It's because Abortion is a very emotive term. A bit like **** used to be. Even most people who are pro-choice tend not to be pro-abortion. Also because in the last 6 months dakka has seriously gone downhill.
    Yeah. I joined BoLs when I got banned from Dakka. That's over a year ago now. Such a festering hate pit!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I hope grammar isn't the only indication of a reasonable poster, mines terrible .
    Of course not, it is just one (of several) indicators that we may be dealing with a juvenile mind in a 40k rage fest. It is the teacher in me coming out I guess. Either that or the douchbag in me.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think ive got it.

Look ive bee reading the space marine rumours and quite frankly I thi k ive come to this conclussion that people get worked up about 40K because after all the time and effort and money we put into this hobby, gw is so loose in writing their rules that its just a matter of time until the effort time and money is wasted because of some stuoid release.

GW is far to I love with hard counters for their release schedule to handle and when one does come out it can completely screw someones army they've spent ages on over j rhe name of a whim.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yeah. I joined BoLs when I got banned from Dakka. That's over a year ago now. Such a festering hate pit!
    Bloody hell, it hardly seems possible that DD could devolve much more from the den of vitriol and bitterness I saw when I visited it over a year ago. I registered but never bothered to post, such was the amount of trolling and pointless abuse thrown about towards GW and anyone who attempted to show any enthusiasm for the hobby - 'White Knight' was I believe the terminology used for anyone who stuck up for GW and their games. Granted, I don't like everything GW produces, and some of their recent business practices defy explanation, but overall, of course I am a fan of GW, that's why I collect their stuff and play their games. If you're not, then why on earth would you collect their armies and play their games? I think a large proportion of the online community utterly misses the point here.

Look ive bee reading the space marine rumours and quite frankly I thi k ive come to this conclussion that people get worked up about 40K because after all the time and effort and money we put into this hobby, gw is so loose in writing their rules that its just a matter of time until the effort time and money is wasted because of some stuoid release.

GW is far to I love with hard counters for their release schedule to handle and when one does come out it can completely screw someones army they've spent ages on over j rhe name of a whim.
    Sorry, but its a hobby, so how has your time and money been 'wasted' if you've enjoyed doing it? That's the reason for it. There seems to be all too much bitter, anguished talk these days over how your army is being 'nerfed' by proposed rules or army list changes which will (allegedly) make it barely worth playing. I have to say in the fifteen or more years I have been collecting and gaming I have never seen an army that has become 'unplayable' by virtue of one single edition of rules or codex - granted Squats got the chop, and other armies like SoB and Templars have declined in playability, but that's more through neglect and successive failure on behalf of GW to update their models and rules, rather than any sudden change.

In my opinion the growing bad atmosphere surrounding 40k seems to be the unrealistically high degree of anticipation and expectation that now seems to go with every new army book that is released, an expectation that GWs poor old games designers in Nottingham cannot possibly hope to satisfy for everyone. I can understand this up to a point, since GW charge top dollar for what they produce, but it seems that an element of the community just seem to live to be offended and disappointed by anything that GW does, usually before it has even happened. Much of it is, I suspect, just forthcoming from bored teenagers, probably the same ones you see waiting itching about outside your local GW on a Saturday morning before it opens, which is no real drama as younger people tend to be more excitable and dramatic, I know I was at that age. But if it isn't, then I think many members of the online community really need to ask themselves what enjoyment they are actually deriving from the hobby, and if so ultimately what is the point?
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 08-10-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Wasted? Well being told that an army I spent the better part of two years on no longer has rules would be pretty close.

Ya know what is annoying. Being told to "chill" when I'm upset because something I've spent thousands of dollars on and hundreds of hours doing, changes arbitrarily. Of course people are going to get upset about that, but posters who post just to say "get over it" in some self righteous and sanctimonious fashion are part of the problem.. basically its usually just passive aggressive trolling, its also typically hypocritical as such posters tend to be the first to get uo in arms about thejr own armies either getting changed or not getting charged.
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-10-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Don't bother with the front page thread on the Black Legion Supplement, it is full of proper bellthronkers tonight.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    n a-much-beloved star of this forum caused me throw in the towel for a while after the 6th first came out, but she said some nice things about Corgies the other day so her poll numbers with me are moving back.
    Melissa?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

"Don't bother with the front page thread on the Black Legion Supplement, it is full of proper bellthronkers tonight."

Me too I'm afraid. That price tag for a 'supplement' put me in sticker shock. I lashed out at the apologists. Plus I'm drunk for the first time in a few weeks. Hear my confession.
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 08-10-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Librarian

"Melissa?"

Ha! I have not heard that name in a while.

By the by, I had a game at a tourney the other day with a dude who claims he knows you. Michael Emmison ring a bell? He said you are a friendly dude in real life too.
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 08-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast