BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default 40K Action Figures - What Would you Want?

Lets pretend for a moment that 40K was like any other big toy line and you could go into toy stores and buy action figures.

I'd think that aside from Star Wars, you could produce the largest line of action figures from the 40K universe.

So as a thought experiment, what would your initial set of say 10 action figures be to draw in the kids and toy enthusiasts?

Here's mine:

Ultramarine Captain Sicarius
    Chief Librarian Mephiston
    Warmaster Abaddon
    Swarmlord
    Asurmen
    Ghazgakhul
    Grandmaster Draigo
    Lelith Hesperax
    Ursarkar Creed/Kell (combo-pack)
    Commander Farsight

What's your list and why?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

The Emperor
    The Primarchs
    Eldrad
    Commissar Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM
    Colonel Iron-Hand Straken

We're talking One-Sixth Warrior, yes?

I get 10 kits?
    1. Imperial Guard Stormtrooper
    2. Imperial Guard Tallarn Desert Raider
    3. Sister of Battle
    4. Eversor Assassin
    5. Callidus Assassin
    6. Dark Eldar Incubi
    7. Dark Eldar Wych
    8. Dark Eldar Warrior
    9. Tau Warrior
    10. Kroot Warrior

I start with Imperial Guard - they're human soldiers in space, along with Officio Assassinorum operatives (chase figures, 1 per case). Sister of Battle is short-packed, but a fantastic model to do. Dark Eldars and Tau Empire are the opposition forces.

I have very little interest in superhumans and monsters to start out, probably don't hit them until Wave 3 (Wave 2 is more Imperials, Eldars & Necrons). Giants like Marines & CSM don't hit until later. Orks at the very last, because they're a joke army, and would look stupid as 1/6 action figures.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

1. Ultramarine Tactical Marine with bolter, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenade, flamer, missile launcher
    2. Blood Angel Assault Marine with bolt pistol, chain sword, power sword, plasma pistol, frag and krak grenade, jump pack
    3. IG Trooper with lasgun, frag and krak grenade, las pistol, ccw, melta gun, mortar
    4. IG Commissar with cape, las pistol, bolt pistol, power sword, power fist, servo skull
    5. Ork Nob with shoota, slugga, choppa, stick bomb, boss pole, power klaw
    6. Chaos Marine with bolt pistol, bolter, chain axe, frag and krak grenade, daemon weapon
    7. Tau Fire Warrior with pulse rifle, pulse carbine, rail rifle, emp grenade, gun drone
    8. Genestealer with scything talons, rending claws, ymgarl head option, 2-3 rippers
    9. Eldar Dire Avenger with shuriken pistol, shuriken catapult, power sword, shimmershield, plasma grenade, banner
    10. Dark Eldar Wych with pistol, ccw, agonizer, blast pistol, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenade

If I added a second wave:
    11. Necron Lord with tachyon arrow, res orb, staff of light, war scythe, 2-3 scarabs
    12. Sister of Battle with bolter, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenade, flamer, multimelta
    13. Grey Knight with storm bolter, psych out grenade, nemesis halberd, nemesis sword, psycannon
    14. Thousand Sons sorcerer with bolter, bolt pistol, rune staff, rune sword, mutated arm
    15. Termagant/Hormugaunt 2 pack with fleshborer and spike rifle options for the termagant.
    16. Bloodletter plus Flesh hound
    17. Kroot warrior with kroot rifle, pulse rifle, kroot hound
    18. Ork Boy with shoota, slugga, choppa, big shoota, gretchin
    19. Techpriest with bolt pistol, mechanicum staff/axe, Armed servo-skull
    20. Eldar Farseer with Singing spear, 2x witchblade, shuriken pistol, small webway arch

I'd start with generic, iconic models with customizable weapon loadouts that would allow for multiple display and play options. Named characters may appeal to collectors, but generics encourage army building which boosts sales. Generics would allow for things like special edition/promotional or even later wave repaints, especially marines. As much as possible, weapons would be cross compatible for play use.
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 08-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Fly Lord

Ohh that's a good list Major!

I was only thinking of the 5" Star Wars scale Action figures - but wow, the 12" 1/6 scale GI-JOE sized ones would be AMAZING. That Dire Avenger one would be on my desk instantly.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I'll go with MajorWes' list with a few minor changes: Lelith Hesperax (or generic Wych) and Howling Banshee! With removable helmet. Oh and make the commissar a woman. Maybe the Dire Avenger too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Just want Kharn as he is the ultimate bad-***.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would have an IG Commissar and Ork Warboss fighting it out on my desk as work in a heart beat!

A space wolf would be my third choice...
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

First-Captain

I'd love a techmarine

Wave 1

Space Marine with Boltgun and chain sword

Chaos Marine with chain axe and bolt gun

Tau Fire Warrior

Ork Warlord

Eldar Warlock

Necron Immortal

Genestealer

EXCLUSIVE CHASE FIGURE, 1 PER 12 CASES
    Tech Priest with Servo Skulls

CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
    Dark Eldar riding a Reaver jetbike

Aslong as I get a Tau Fire Warrior, a Pathfinder, And a Crisis Suit I'm happy. ^_^ Any others would just be extra topping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast