BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The 2 Masters of Deception

I have three or 4 colors on my Warpsmith and my Huron Blackheart, with Ahriman waiting on deck.

But then I was thinking, is Ahriman worth taking at all, costing the extra 70 pointsover Huron? Is the Master of Deception just an added bonus to his psychic superstuff? Is his psychic crap even that awesome? I guess he can fire 3 Warpfire powers per turn, so that's something. But that begs a better question, what is the best way to use Ahriman?

Both Huron and Ahriman are pretty equal in stats, though Huron's melee weapons are better, but if Ahriman had Biomancies (has to have 1 Tzeentch power) he could be a real beast with Iron Arm. Not sure if he can get Telekinesis, those are fun too. But Thousand Sons as Troops isn't super appealing, though I do think they're better than they used to be.

Anyone use Ahriman with success? If so, how'd you use him?

Chapter-Master

Nope, not worth it.

It is pretty funny if you take, say, a Daemon Prince, and happen to get stuff like Endurance and Invisibility, but that requires you to roll exactly the powers you need. Arhiman isn't terrible because of that, but he's not really competitive unless you happen to roll well.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have used Ahriman for a few games, both win and lose. If you can manage to get Ahriman within 12” of your enemy, he will be deadly. There was a game that I played against DA, a squad of 5 Deathwing Knights with Belial deepstrike near my Ahriman & his 3 Terminator bodyguards with combi-plasmas. I opted to shoot Doombolt, Smite and Psychic Shriek along with Terminators’s combi-plasmas a them, only Belial survived that blow. But he got killed later by Lascannon from other squad. If you got some good support psychic power, that’s ok. But relying on the dice for that is too risky. Also, Ahriman is not good at close combat without Iron Arm or other powers. Always keep some other character with Ahriman in case you got charged. A space marine sergeant with power fist is enough to kill Ahriman as his weapon only AP4.