BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

The formula made slightly more sense, in the fact that it wasn't entirely random. It basically started with the weapon's strength, plus a D6, and then started adding on additional dice depending on what it was. For example, a lascannon was 3D6 + 9 (can't believe I still remember that). The one thing those AV numbers did do was make it nearly impossible to damage a vehicle with certain weapons. The was no throwing piles of shots at something and glancing it to death. You could unload as many multilasers at a vehicle as you wanted. You weren't doing anything to it.

Librarian

Witchhunters. For pure fluff it was awesome. You could run all kinds of funkiness from Sisters to Assassins to Inquisitors. Not necessarily competitive, but I loved it. Tyranid 4th, Armageddon, and Eye of Terror all come to mind as being fun too.

-Oh, one question: What is this 3rd Edition Necron Codex which people are reminiscing over? I could have sworn the first Necron Codex (not White Dwarf rules or whatever) did not appear until the 4th Edition.

Codex: Cityfight, great themed rules, a great background story (Battle for Vogen), with rules for a campaign coming out of it.
    I'm torn between the current and the previous Guard codices. I love the variety in the current one, but the Doctrines in the old one were great fun as well.
    I also love the Chaos 3.5 one. I haven't touched my Iron Warriors or Night lords since it, and I don't even own the current Codex.

Brother-Sergeant

Codex Blood Angels 3rd Ed, by Gav Thorpe. I just love it...........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567