BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    But it seems that these supplements aren't going to be including new models, or rules/units that require them, which rules out a lot of fun stuff with the World Eaters/Death Guard/Thousand Sons/ Emperor's Children. They might change the method, but I don't have my hopes up.
    The Black Legion supplement isn't even out, but I expect we'll see at least 2 pages of new rules / units, just like with Iyanden and Farsight. No models, though.

Hopefully, the Ultramarines supplement will move all Ultramarines SCs out of the SM Codex.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Hopefully, the Ultramarines supplement will move all Ultramarines SCs out of the SM Codex.
    Doubt it, otherwise Farsight probably would've been reserved for his supplement.

Default favorite Codex--5th edition necrons

My fav codex has to be 5th edition Necrons, hands down. It's really a 6th edition book, but there are all good rules and few rubbish units when compared to ones that just do it better. Everyone fears and loves it. I played an APOC game with the royal war council of mandragora [read: all the HQ's] and got to use all their gimmicks at the same time. Everyone crowed about how powerful it was. Hey, I'm just playing to my strengths!

Background wise, the 3rd edition book is way better. Poems, reports/tapes and schematics of how Neron weapons work.

Librarian

Even with it's failings, i still love Codex: Daemonhunters, Through the ups and downs, there were shenanigans to be had. As a more recent book, Orks by far have one of the most versitile codex to date. You could run elite mechanized units, Bikerz, foot horde, Static-Gunline, Wagon-Rush (8xBattlewagons at 2,000 points), etc... Over the course of 5th ed. and now into 6th. the only unit that really falls from grace is the Flash Gitz, due to point's price. Also to note, is the absurdity of Forge World Addtions, the Lifta-Wagon's IA:8 rules are insanely OP, especially under 6th ed. BRB, Turreted Shokk-Attack Gun on a Mekboy's Junka getting a "Zoink!" result has to be the funniest thing in the world. And while deepstriking 31 models seems impossible, (it isn't) Weirdboyz add a bit of craziness to the mix. Codex: Orks offers you a controllable chaos, with a garnish of pure insanity. And with appropriate fluff to back this menagerie of comedy, like Wazdakka throwing himself through a Warlord Titan's Void shields so he could crash into the cockpit and murder the crew, or a Warboss castrating a Khorne Blood Prince, while said Prince is praising Khorne...

Orks are one of the truest threats to the universe as with every Ork death, their body spawns more spores that will grow into more Orks, with only Tyranids to compare in this mass-producing tactic, everyone (except 'Nids) are only able to access a Finite body count.

Codex: Dark Eldar. The new one. Choosing between most units is a case of personal taste and playstyle rather than one being objectively better than the other, there is only one rubbish unit and it can still be quite powerful with a little luck. It's packed full of fun and lore friendly wargear and it is still extremely competitive in 6th if you know what you are doing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

My favourite is [puts on rose tinted spectacles] Codex: Angels of Death.

It was the first codex I had read I lapped up every story of the BA & DA poured over the art work. It was fantastic. Just wish I knew where mine was...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

2nd edition Space Wolves.
    As a young fella I was in to the power gaming and my Wolf Guard army with Eldar allies was bad ***!
    It was a great book! Loved it

Chapter-Master

Chaos 3.5.

Blood for the Blood God, 'nuff said.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

WD127 if it counts.

If it doesn't, then Codex: Eldar during 2nd edition. I do like the current book (very nice artwork and presentation for the most part), but the writing quality just feels a bit lower than it was back then.

Chaplain

CHAOS 3.5 - the only true chaos codex. It was complicated but flexible and lorerich book. It took only a slightly correction/update to remove the ugly combos and add new playstuff.

The loss of it was double hard because the following codex was a crime against the chaos-players. Lifless, unfluffy, dumb - written without soul.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast