BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Dan Abnett on new Ultramarines movie

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBsWc1i4Cr4&feature=sub[/url]

other info on the director:

ULTRAMARINES: CODEX PICTURES ANNOUNCE DIRECTOR AND WRITER!

Codex Pictures revealed today the director and screenwriter for the forthcoming Warhammer 40,000 movie ULTRAMARINES.

The director is Martyn Pick, whose credits include the 2009 film The Age of Stupid, on which he was animation director; London 2012, the promotional film commissioned by Film London and the London Development Agency which was premiered at the Beijing Olympics; the 2001 US Budweiser NBA commercial; and the celebrated BBC promotional trailers for the Euro 2004 soccer tournament. Martyn was chosen to direct Ultramarines for his renowned and highly distinctive ability to fuse live action and animation and the fluid, rich painterly style of his film-making.

The screenplay has been written by someone who needs no introduction to Warhammer 40,000 fans – best-selling author Dan Abnett. Dan has penned more than 25 books for Games Workshop’s Black Library, with total sales in excess of 1.2 million copies. He also works regularly for 2000 AD, Marvel Comics and DC Comics and has recently seen publication of the first of three novels for HarperCollins' new sci-fi, fantasy and horror imprint, Angry Robot.

ULTRAMARINES, a sci-fi thriller employing CGI and state-of-the-art production techniques, is being produced by Codex Pictures in association with Good Story Productions Ltd. The Canadian co-producer is POP6 Studios
    Last edited by Latro_; 11-18-2009 at 10:55 AM.

That's outstanding. I've really enjoyed everything of Abnett's I've read to date.

THANK YOU, movie gods! Yes yes yes yesyesyes!

P.S. Guess what? I'm exited now.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light!
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Chaplain

Abnett with Good Story Porductions? Ultramarines with Codex Pictures? sounds like a conspiracy to me (or is it just a series of implausible coincidences?).

my hopes for this film are raised now to "probably good". let's see how the director plays out.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Chaplain

This is the greatest moment of my life.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the greatest moment of my life. But I'm stoked

Abbess Sanctorum

Melissia on new Ultramarines movie: *yawn* *changes channel*

They'll probably break the fluff to make Marines actually capable of being empathized with. Hopefully this at least means they'll eventually produce something interesting, such as an Imperial Guard movie or an Inquisition movie (lots of potential there).

edit: Oh, and before the inevitable flames. I stand by the opinion that the only thing good about this movie will be that it possibly opens the way for more interesting movies.
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-18-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

As giddy as school girl.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

Chaplain

Melissia, you should just change your name to Killjoy.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Or Debbie downer...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast