BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

How about Rebbecca Realist? :P
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Realist? No way it's almost as if your saying that the only good thing about the movie 300 was that then they might make a movie abor Athens, because Spartans can't be identified with... Sorry, but you'd be wrong.

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't deny that my opinion that this movie will be mediocre at best is exactly that-- my opinion.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Well, Mel you aren't allowed an opinion on something so important as a 40k movie!

Seriously, I think even you will be pleasntly suprised.

Abbess Sanctorum

But only if I hold it to a low standard to begin with.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    But only if I hold it to a low standard to begin with.
    Who needs standards when you can have explosions!!! Regardless of plot, I want to see the movie just for the battles.

For anyone of a similar opinion, check out any movie Tony Jaa has ever done. I've even watched on in a foreign language, with no dub or subtitles, and enjoyed it, because the whole point of those movies is to watch Tony Jaa pull of amazingly ridiculous martial arts stunts, and beat more people into senseless, bloody pulps than Chuck Norris could ever hope to.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Who needs standards when you can have explosions!!! Regardless of plot, I want to see the movie just for the battles.

For anyone of a similar opinion, check out any movie Tony Jaa has ever done. I've even watched on in a foreign language, with no dub or subtitles, and enjoyed it, because the whole point of those movies is to watch Tony Jaa pull of amazingly ridiculous martial arts stunts, and beat more people into senseless, bloody pulps than Chuck Norris could ever hope to.
    Im pretty much in it for the same thing. Although if anyone could make a 40k Ultra-smurf script with deep plot... yeah, Dan Abnett by far.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, they have someone who can write, someone who seems who can direct, let's hope they don't go for a "family" film.

Librarian

I have to say I really understand where Melissa is coming from with her doubts (I shared them), but I am actually a lot more optimistic about this now than I was when I first heard about the film. I saw the interview with Abnett about it, and he actually expressed that he had many of the same misgivings Melissa has mentioned. However, he claims to have been really reassured by what he has seen of the film’s development, and further claims that he expects it to be good.

We all know Abnett can tell a story, and has a good grasp on the lore and “feel” of the 40k universe, so in my opinion his endorsement bodes well for the film.

We shall see…
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

I saw that Dan Abnet wrote the script, I almost cryed in joy. I love everything he has ever written, favourite Author full stop. Personally I hope the movie is on the battle for Macragge but anything else would be good also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast