BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Wishlisting" for future Chaos legion supplements

So with the Black legion codex on it's way and according to some rumours just a minor change in FOC it got me thinking about the other 8 Chaos legions and what slight changes they could get in the FOC to make them more representable in terms of fluff. I'm not a fluff buff (oh hey, that rhymes) so I just know some basics on most legions.

A minor thing I would like to add in this kind of "wishlisting"; only models from the current GW Chaos space marines range. So Termies to troops might be fine. Asking for a totally new unit is not... because I doubt GW will put out new kits for supplemental codexes (for now).

Some might remember Chaos codex 3.5 where you could play any legion and it moved around the FOC a bit (Iron warriors with 4 heavy support and only 2 Fast attack)

Khorne; Cult marines both in Elite as well as Troops. Mandatory marks on cultists (if cultists are even an option). Maybe have Chosen cult marines.
    Slaanesh; See Khorne
    Nurgle; See Khorne
    Tzeentch; See Khorne
    Word Bearers; Dark Apostle as upgrade for Cultists. Or have Apostles as Elite choices. Fearless or Ld 10 Cultists mobs.. yikes.
    Night lords; Raptors as troops? Bikes as troops?
    Iron Warriors; I could say "More Obliterators"... not sure if that's the best idea, lol. Maybe move Havocs to Elite to make it more of a siege army with heavy weapons.
    Alpha legion; Infiltrating cultists? Infiltrating marines?

Oddly enough, I just found the 3.5 codex in a charity shop today and snapped it up to see what all the fuss was about.

The obvious option for Iron Warriors would be to give them their Basilisks back...

And, of course, WYSIWYG Warsmiths. I go on about them so often I can't believe I forgot to put it in this post immediately... The model right there on sale on the website right now has a bionic claw (power fist?), a combi-melta and a freakin' servo-arm. Let him use it!
    Last edited by Houghten; 08-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.

I'd like to see supplements which allow special forms of allying. Say, a Red Corsairs supplement that allows you to ally in C:SM as Battle Brothers, but with certain units (pretty much all HQs and unique characters) removed. This'd be great for representing more recent renegades.

Veteran-Sergeant

Night Lords causing Fear, without having to go Mark of Nurgle to get it...

Emperors Children:

-Mark of Slaanesh & Veterans o/t Long War mandatory for all characters/units

-Noise Marines to Troops

-No Sorcerer available (or just 1 more expensive one) -> fluff wise

-some sort of combat drugs options for characters/units (also cultists)

-sonic weapons for terminators (cult terminators)

What really is wishfull thinking is that the supplements start playing with the FOC -> for example Iron Warriors only 1 Fast attack choice but 5 Heavy Support choices

Iron Warriors supplemental codex:

May exchange a single Fast Attack slot for an extra Fortification slot once per Force Org.

A 25 point upgrade to the Warpsmith, that makes him a Warsmith. +1 wound and a 5+ Invulnerable, must be the Warlord, limit of one per army.

PLEASE

Chaplain

For the big FOUR Cult-Legions it should be mandatory to go with the mark of their deity, the cult-troop should be "veterans" as well. Cult-CSM are Troops even without a genral as HQ Choice.

Emperors Children (read this GW!): Noise-Weaponary available for character (why a champ coulnd´t get a sonicblaster is a rule-miracle for me, maybe they simply forget this?). Noise Weapons for other FoC Slots (i.E. Termies, Bikes, Dreads, Havocs). Lord renamed to Lord Commandant. Special Char: Eidolon, Ancient Rylanor (Dread). Combat Drugs for Chars.

Arcane Wargear: DW that will autokill on a failed mw test (the enemy ;.)

World Eaters: Make Slaugtheres available. ReRoll Charge Ranges. RA for all. No Sorcerers. WE Havocs have to hold their leadership or run to the nearest enemy.

Death Guard: Bolter Decipline (+1 Shot more, if DG in 6"), Rhinos cost slightly more (the negativ of what the BA have), FnP for DG Chars, fear and kind of area effect (for the stench).

Thousand Sons: TS are 1+ choice, Sorcerer Lord (Lord w.+1 W, KG, BF). 6++ for all (vehicels incl.). Soulblaze for all.

Iron Warriors: A HS choice more than others (this may not be oblits!), Havocs with HB/MKs ignore cover against non-vehicle units (trained to shoot at battlements) and are Tankhunter, Chars have access to thunderhammers, all IW rec. a 4+ coversave in Turn 1 (dig in), Lord renamed to warsmith,
    servoarm as wargear.

Word Bearers: Exhalted Dark Apostle (3 W, KG, BF +1, Termiarmour available), Deamon Allies may use Icons as "Teleport Homers", cultist are stubborn

Night lords: May use 1 extra FA choices (but Raptors are 1+), all NL cause fear, no apostels

Alpha legion: Infiltrate for: Choosen & Cultists. Some kind of special manipulation thingy (i.E. alter deployment of enemy etc.), IG Alllis are "Battle brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The obvious option for Iron Warriors would be to give them their Basilisks back...
    They already have acces to it via IG allies, so no prob here.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Archon View Post
    F

They already have acces to it via IG allies, so no prob here.
    For some of us this is a real problem. I personally don't like the Allies rule or playing with allies but I want the Basilisk back in my Iron Warriors army. Hopefully the supplement, if we ever get an IW one, will fix this problem.

Brother-Captain

Let's face it, they just need to make a supplement for each traitor legion -- all nine of them. They've released/are going to shortly release Black Legion (Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves) so it's not just a matter of time before they go down the list. And there is not reason not to, since they are doing it E-book style. There is no production cost. Every supplement book is simple net-gain profit for them.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Still have to pay someone to write it. And compile it. And edit it. And playtest it. And so on and so forth.

Plus, they're all being released in print as well (Farsight Enclaves out in print in October)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast