BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When has BoLS 40K become so popular?

I have been away for a long while. Basically took a long break from the hobby. Getting back slowly. Too slowly since I don't have anything done.

I am shocked to see how many people frequent BoLS. I know it's mostly for rumours, but if I remember correctly, that is why people when to Whineseer I mean Warseer. Now while they have bigger numbers than while BoLS use to have when I was here, it's now where in the 1000's or 2000's like it use to be. What happened?

I am so glad BoLS is doing strong. I am just shocked to see the tide change so much. Is there a reason for this? What did I miss?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

First-Captain

It could be due to other gaming communities shrinking or other bussiness. Also it doesn't help if said sites referance this and others.

The breakneck 40k release schedule this year has probably helped. There can't be many weeks where there's not been any rumours or discussions of rumours, or new things and discussions of new things.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

the rest of the blogosphere went to ****, and bols is pretty much one of the few sites left.

sadly the massive size, and more new people is making it worse
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

There is also an upswing of non-40k news or rumours occuring in that section
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

1. BoLS has become a source of news, so people are starting to flock over here to see it.
    2. Some of the other sites have had outages, and people started to come over this way to get their fix.
    3. A concerted effort to make this a friendly place.

The fact that you must trawl thru literally hundreds of pages of moaning and speculation to find anything worth reading on other sites is a big reason folk are coming over to bols. Lets hope it doesnt go the same way here.
    Wingeseer is the biggest example of this phenomenon, page after page of moaning and bleating about the woes of certain armies.
    You can spend hours trying to find a rumour or relevent nugget of info, its tiresome and frustrating.

Maybe a generation of gamers with aging eyes can't take the Warseer white text on black background anymore, and have come over to BoLS' comforting color scheme. As has been mentioned, there are some great painting projects over there, and I sometimes look through them for inspiration, but find it hard to read.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Im new to BoLS myself but I did join warseer as well and found it quite unwelcoming and hostile towards newcomers! BoLS on the otherhand is the complete opposite, you can say and give opinions on anything here and not get mugged off by people! I think some of the painting projects on here can be fairly inspirational as well! All the rumour stuff you get on here is brilliant as well!

Scout

I am also new to this site. I had the site recommended to me for about a year by some friends. I have been hanging around the site for a couple of months but I normally only read the news and rumours. The people here seem nice so I may stick around and post more often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast