BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Post your favourite 40k model from an army you don't play.

We've had favourite model threads before but I thought we could try something a little different and post our favourite models from an army you don't play. It's very easy to have favourites from an army you love and play so let's see the other end of the spectrum.

Mine would have to be the Terminator Chaplain by Juan Diaz:

I think it is the perfect Space Marine model, it exudes a sense of power, intimidation and absolute devotion.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-11-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

Ooh, good choice. That's my favorite model from G-dubs, but as I play Blood Angels, I have one. haha

Hmmm Model from an Army I don't play? I'd have to say the Puritanical Witchhunter inquisitor. The one with the flamethrower pistol. He makes me think of Solomon Kane every time I see him.

This guy, right here:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2450257a_99800107016_InquisitorInfernoPistolPower SwordCFC_873x627.jpg[/url]
    Last edited by Tour_Guide; 08-12-2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: picture found.

Iron Father

I love this model, I don't play Dark Eldar. But if I did it would be a carnival of flesh army. Not the most competative I'm sure but they look so damn cool and creepy in equal measure.
    I mean you look at this model and then you notice the little hand poking out the top wtf
    Last edited by Deadlift; 08-12-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Slaanesh units
    Harlequins
    Anything Dark Eldar
    Crimson Hunter
    Lelith

Why aren't I playing Eldar?

Of course the Armies I do play are my favourite ascetically, but still!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Boss Snikrot!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

An army I do not play, ow that will be hard. It will have to be an army that is not a loyalist Space Marine codex as I do not like any of those Characters. Of the remaining options - no CSM, Daemons, Sisters, or IG, I will have to choose between the Dark Eldar and Ork codexes. I do not like any of the Eldar or Tau Characters enough to put them on top of the list for me.

OK it if Ghazghul Thraka. Kilo for Kilo (sorry .45 of a kilo for .45 of a kilo - pound for pound), he is the best IC HQ model out for what he brings to the table, and his points cost. I still prefer Abaddon, but he is not allowed because I play that army. A runner up would be The Duke or Lilith from the Dark Eldar codex. For the hilarity sake of his rules, even though he is almost useless without his special curse rule, I would choose Zagrot. If he can turn my Zarakynel Daemon Lord into a squig, because she fails her toughness test, then he has some use. LOL
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 08-12-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Battle-Brother

Ork Shokk Attack Gun
    Grey Knight Terminators
    Necron Tesserect Ark
    Fire Warriors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	4568

Inquisitor Solomon Lok, from Forge World

Chapter-Master

Relic Contemptors - I even own one, despite not owning a single other marine

A lot of the Ork stuff is great as well
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Eldar grav tanks - pretty much all of them. Most of 'em look like they ought to be flyers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast