BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

Philly is an awesome accent when you get used to it. I lived there for 15 years and even though I've been gone for 10, if I get angry I switch back to a Philly accent. Unconsciously. It's just so...expressive when you are psycho-crazy mad.

As for the job? You'd love the states. Its a lot of fun but honestly, I don't like the sound of the job security. If they want you bad enough to ship you off 5,000 miles they can freaking give you a better than 3-month guarantee and no ride home. Its a bad deal. If they sweeten it, don't worry about the lingo or any of that garbage. You'll have blast.

Librarian

My patience waiting for a more permanent job in Australia has paid off.

I got 2 job offers yesterday via email, one after a phone call (immediately following an interview), the other 3 weeks after the interview. I decided on taking the full-time job as opposed to the part-time/ casual position 12- 18 months, which paid $5.00 more an hour because of the job security and other benefits like time in lieu, holidays and sick leave, etc.

And not everything in Australia is trying to kill us off. South America is a lot worse, and there are heavier concentrations of jungle there. LOL
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Yay! Very glad to hear it, daemonette!

Yay! You're no longer an unemployed embarassment to the species!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Congratulations, isn't it always like that though when it comes to jobs?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yay! You're no longer an unemployed embarassment to the species!
    Thank you Mr Mystery, your empathy is noted. :P

Seriously though I am relieved, Living on work form week to week casual work ranging from labourer to rigger to forklift work , and never knowing if you will get enough hours this week to keep up the car loan payments, etc is tiring and stressful.

I also got my Tax refund back this week, and decided to pay off the credit card - (tick) make sure I had enough put aside for my car loan for the next 8 months - (tick), spend no more than $600.00 on the wargaming hobby (still have $150.00 left till I go over budget), Buy myself a new Sala Exofit Tower Harness and Bowsons Podium seat for my ne job, as the Petzyl one is Euroipean standards not Australian standards and all the Telco companies have a policy now which means I can not use the Petzyl - (almost brand new used 3 times clean and has a podium seat. - they cost me AU$980.00 when Australia's $$ dollar was equal to US$1.23. I might have to put the Petzyl up on Ebay. LOL

At the same time I might also put a few of my excess Model kits that have been collecting dust on my cupboard because of unfinished projects. Mostly CSM Battle companies for the different Legions. I have 22 CSM GW rhinos, 2 Dreadclaws, a Spartan, about 5 or 6 FW MK IIB rhinos with the resin door kits and extra armour and spaced armour packs. A Horus Heresy box set, and an unopened Space Hulk game. There is also my Heirophant Bio-titan. I built it (mostly - needs green stuff near the tail) and undercoated it bone. Impulse buy even though I do not have a Tyranid Army.

I really do not want to sell them, I prefer to keep them, but I know I will never build them all, and they will just take up space. I might have to wait until they get rare like the old Rhino kits, then sell them.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

They're never going to get cheaper... sit on them as long as you can find the space.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123