BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Apart from Catachans, or other similarly clad regiments (i.e. little more than a tank top) I don't think you really need to worry about the female form once in combat fatigues.

These ladies seem to be about the same shape as their male counterparts, visually. Sure they might be slightly shorter, but given that every Catachan is the same height, and every Cadian is the same height, and every Elysian... I don't think such minor differences are particularly well represented in minis anyway.

As a little experiment, is anyone good with photoshop? Could they put some rugged male faces on this pic, see if they still look like ladies without the feminine facial features?

I disagree with your out look. Here is why.

1. I served with females armoured up. You can still tell a differance. Some females with broader shoulders and think boned are the ones that's harder to tell from male from female.

In general most females whould look like 18 year old boys who just got in the military. However if I took a Navy Seal and compared them to a female armoured up you can tell a b ig differance. With that in mind you can say the same with some male soliders's who heaven't bulked up.

Anouther differance from behind it is noticable with some. Females.

ABU's are not skin tight with most people and are baggy clothing, which does make a differance and makes it hardedr to tell female from male.

2. Cadians and Jungle fighter models are very bulky. Depiticitng a male that are miny hulks. With Cdians you hav e baggy clothes which makes them bigger. The problem I have is the cadian frame for a normal female is wayyyy to bulky. The Elysian frame is not as bulky which makes it a better choice for armoured femalea. Also running with bulker cadians the females will stand out much more than male.models.

Keep in mind that if female and male models look the same, besides having differant faces. No one is not going to notice the.
    differance.

I want models to stick out and not having to show I do have females. With that said I do not feel I have to have breast armour. However less bulky is preferred. Curves are nice, but woman's figurs are slightly noticeable in ABUs .

Most combat armour is made for men which makes such pictues problemsatic.

Women are actually a different shape, bones to muscle to fat distribution. Show those women sideby side with male colleagues and the less wide shoulders and whatnot will be fairly obvious.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Here are some of the Chapterhouse guards women I'm in the process of working on. I put a Cadian there to scale them against. I think they're distinctively feminine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fem_Guards2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	4672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fem_Guards3.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	4673

I'd heard that GW is releasing new female guardsmen. Does anyone know of any samples of how they will appear?

I haven't heard that but IG are coming month after next (or sooner if GW are really shaking up the release schedule) and I would be thrilled if it were true.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Disappointed. After I get 7th rules down and the now guard codex. I think I will do a veteran or storm trooper like female squad. Nit sure, but I really want to get this project under way.

The issue is so far do I want all female guard with sisters. Another issue is do I eant to add in marines and leave them male.

However so far I am still looking at an elysian trooper base and possibly a dark eldar female torso combined. It all depends on hoe much work will go into it.

I am still looking for heads. When I get one together I'll post it here. What's holding me back is catching up on rules and than going from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12