BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Terran Legions

Chaplain

Default Terran Legions

I am looking at doing a space marine army from one of the main chapters but as everyone plays them I just have to be different so as I am coming up blanks what were the legions that made up the Primarch Legions? also colours if you can but names are enough. Now I know Dusk Raiders make Death Guard.

Chapter-Master

I understand the old Death Guard (Dusk Raiders or whatever) used to be white armour, red left arm, badge was a skull with lightining bolts crossed behind it. Whilst that has been retconned to be Dusk Raider colours, it was the Death Guard colours on the original Space Marine Epic boxed game, so I personally take that as canon.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Here you go...[url=http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Marine_Legion#Original_names_and_appearances]a list of the original 18 Astartes Legions and their primarchs, and a notation to tell you if they were loyalist or traitor[/url].

Occuli Imperator

World Eaters were War Hounds

Word Bearers were Imperial Heralds though of that little is documented

As has been said Death Guard were Dusk Raiders

But if you go back far enough the first marines were all grey, with the only adornment being a lightning bolt
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

thought they had done more

First-Captain

I'm sure we'll learn more with the next Heresy Forge World book.

Brother-Captain

It should also be noted that some Legions never changed their names. If I remember correctly, the Alpha Legion was one of those. I'll need to re-read their books and the "Deliverance Lost" book.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214