BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default GK Tournament Army

Small 1,500 point tournament that I have coming up, wanted to know what you guys thought. I decided that, since I won't know anyone at the tournament except my friend who is tagging along to watch and not play, I'd be rather merciless in making my list. Converted models are OK by official ruling of the tournament holder, so I took out all the stops. >:}

HQ
    Inquisitor Coteaz [100]

Troops

1st Henchmen Jokaero Weaponsmith Squad [420]
    - 12 x in squad

2nd Henchmen Jokaero Weaponsmith Squad [420]
    - 12 x in squad

3rd Henchmen Jokaero Weaponsmith Squad [420]
    - 12 x in squad

Henchmen Crusader Squad [135]
    - 9 x in squad

Total: 1,495 Points
    Last edited by Katharon; 08-15-2013 at 04:17 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Planet f the apes I'd say. Very shooty.

Brother-Captain

I figured that being able to shoot 36 lascannons for the first two turns, then multi-meltas the 3rd turn (by which time they should be within 12"), and then overwatch with heavy flamers (12 x D3 for the win) on units that all have an 5+ invulnerable save -- would be nice.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

agreed,and find a few points for a aegsis line and it gets even scarier

Brother-Captain

I try to avoid Aegis Defense Lines. I think they're a sell out for people that don't know how to use terrain effectively.

Chaplain

You loose objective based missions

Chapter-Master

Also, super fragile. 36 Lascannons might sound impressive, but anyone with transports will just Flat Out towards you. You waste 1/3 of your shooting on the Rhino, so at best you can kill one unit inside, and 12 BS3 lascannon shots aren't even that good at killing infantry, so you're not even killing a whole unit. Then the rest of his army opens up, and most of your army dies Turn 2.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

All monkeys can be effective - with say the landing platform of doom. But without something? I aqree with what has been said. Inflexible.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

ITS AN ANDY SERKIS LIST. So much win. Tactically, its gonna be a one tactic gunboat. And a fragile one at that.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofblades View Post
    You loose objective based missions
    Nope, they count as troops thanks to Coteaz.

I am happy to report that I won the first round of the tournament. I slaughtered and tabled Space Wolves. Turn one I successfully destroyed all his transports (three Rhinos) and turn two I massacred two predators and a Land Raider. He then had to foot-slog across the table, so that by turn four he was finally in close-combat range. When he charged, he lost the last of his men to flamers and his Terminators were locked in combat against my Crusader squad, while Coteaz smashed them one-by-one in challenges.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast