BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    How does it make no sense that instead of taking a non-FOC slot they instead move to both Troops and can be taken without the inquisition rule? That is a really good trade off and you are whining that it isn't good enough? Really? Lets not mention that Coteaz by himself is one of the best HQ choices in the game, Henchmen squads are silly undercosted.

To me that signals a weakness in the writing of the codex to begin with, not to mention the placement of the Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband in the Elite's section; if they don't take up an FoC slot then they should be under a heading in the HQ section, like the Command Squad and Honor Guard are for the Space Marines. Poor writers and codex makers.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

It's not a weakness anymore than using the FOC in the first place is. The whole point of the FOC is to limit you to prevent over-spamming units. If you want to spam stuff beyond what the FOC allows, just understand that it's pretty expressly the opposite of the intent of the FOC in the first place.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    To me that signals a weakness in the writing of the codex to begin with, not to mention the placement of the Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband in the Elite's section; if they don't take up an FoC slot then they should be under a heading in the HQ section, like the Command Squad and Honor Guard are for the Space Marines. Poor writers and codex makers.
    How would them starting in a separate non-force organization section help your argument at all? It would only solidify the fact that what you want to do is expressly against what the author was trying to do. I mean never mind that the book is called "Grey Knights" and you don't actually have to take any since Coteaz is awesome/crazypants (depending on perspective). But you want take it a step further and should just ignore what has been a core concept of the game since 3rd edition? All because your army list is "thematic"? I mean that is fine in a closed environment where anyone can do it but don't play it off like its a badly written codex because it has a framework of rules to work with.

Brother-Captain

Personally I was against it being "Grey Knights" from the beginning. It should have been "Daemonhunters" or "The Inquisition." The only reason it became "Grey Knights" was because of Matt Ward. (I personally dislike Ward, because of what he does to fluff and not necessarily the ridiculously overpowered codices he writes.)

I'm not talking about something that hasn't been thought of before. As I said, there are preceding examples of codices that allow a unit to change its FoC designation to become something else (Elites become Troops, Fast Attack becomes Troops, Heavy Support become Dedicated Transport, etc) -- so it's really not that much of a stretch to do what my suggestion had it as, that you simply make a force like the henchmen a designated slot on the FoC.

With the switch to 6th edition, I hope to see them split the Grey Knights codex in two. Let the Grey Knights have their own codex and then perhaps a supplement that is solely for the Inquisition. It would make more sense and you'd have less conflict between people who (like me) think that Inquisition forces should be stand alone and not tied in with an Astartes chapter.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234