BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Nope, they count as troops thanks to Coteaz.
    You still lose objective-based games. You have one maneuver unit and rely on a static gun-line. Especially in a high-terrain situation, it's only easier to negate the one-trick pony that is your army. It works well against a SM army trying to rush across the board with no thought, that's it.

You played a bad player if it took him until Turn 4 to get into melee. Beating a bad player with a one-trick pony who had no idea what he was facing is only going to hurt you in the long run.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Garradh View Post
    You still lose objective-based games. You have one maneuver unit and rely on a static gun-line. Especially in a high-terrain situation, it's only easier to negate the one-trick pony that is your army. It works well against a SM army trying to rush across the board with no thought, that's it.

You played a bad player if it took him until Turn 4 to get into melee. Beating a bad player with a one-trick pony who had no idea what he was facing is only going to hurt you in the long run.
    Ah, the beauty of snap-fire. Also, strategic deployment on my part so they aren't stuck in a corner somewhere being useless. Also, thanks to the Inconceivable Customisation rule, I can extend the range of my weaponry by 12", 60" range lascannons for the win.

He wasn't a bad player by any means, he was simply reduced to footslogging through a city. Take that into consideration.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Cool, seems you've got it all figured out. Thankfully you're on the other side of the planet so I don't have to face such a fearsome, unstoppable army!

Veteran-Sergeant

Your units don't get Inconceivable Customisation.
    Grey Knights FAQ p.5 - units of 6 or more monkeys get no bonuses, as is clear from reading the rule in the codex.
    You or your opponents should know this

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Justice View Post
    Your units don't get Inconceivable Customisation.
    Grey Knights FAQ p.5 - units of 6 or more monkeys get no bonuses, as is clear from reading the rule in the codex.
    You or your opponents should know this
    Just now noticed that. That is the most ridiculous ruling on an FAQ that I've seen in some time. Instead of making it so they don't get their special rule they should just say that they only get a +1 or +2 to their roll (or none at all) when rolling on the chart. That makes me sad.

Duly noted and I'll have to keep that in mind accordingly.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

With that in mind here is the altered list.

HQ
    Inquisitor Coteaz

Troops

1st Squad
    12 x Jokaeros

2nd Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

3rd Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

4th Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

5th Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

6th Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

Elites

Crusader Henchmen Squad
    9 x Crusaders

Jokaero Henchmen Squad
    4 x Jokaeros

Rather than 3 squads of 12 monkeys, why not go 6 squads of 5 monkeys and put each one in a Chimera? They all get to shoot out and you have the Multilaser and Heavy Bolter there as well. Sure it's "only" 30 Lascannon shots, but you get to spread your shots around a little and cause your opponent to spread their fire a little as well. Hell, you may even have enough points for another Inquisitor upgraded to psyker so you have another Divinator on the table.

Oops! your altered list went up while I was writing this. One thing though, henchmen are not considered Elite when Coteaz is there (half way down the first column of page 5 of the FAQ).
    Last edited by Tuatara; 08-23-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    Rather than 3 squads of 12 monkeys, why not go 6 squads of 5 monkeys and put each one in a Chimera? They all get to shoot out and you have the Multilaser and Heavy Bolter there as well. Sure it's "only" 30 Lascannon shots, but you get to spread your shots around a little and cause your opponent to spread their fire a little as well. Hell, you may even have enough points for another Inquisitor upgraded to psyker so you have another Divinator on the table.

Oops! your altered list went up while I was writing this. One thing though, henchmen are not considered Elite when Coteaz is there (half way down the first column of page 5 of the FAQ).
    That is f***ing retarded. Every army I know that has a character that does something similar, like with Kor'sarro Khan in the Space Marine codex, he makes 5-man units of bikes into troop choices, but that doesn't keep you from taking more bikes as Fast Attack choices. Whoever wrote that FAQ needs to have his head clocked.

I'll be chatting with the local fellas to see if they agree with me. If we do, then we'll probably make a house rule to allow it. Because this is f-ed up. It makes no logical sense at all.

Brother-Captain

Until that discussion can happen, I'll have to alter the list again. Also, I don't have any Chimeras to use for the mobile bunker ploy -- and it's not one that I am often keen on using.

HQ
    Inquisitor Coteaz

Troops

1st Squad
    12 x Jokaeros

2nd Squad
    10 x Jokaeros

3rd Squad
    5 x Jokaeros

4th Squad
    5 x Jokaeros

5th Squad
    5 x Jokaeros

Crusader Henchmen Squad
    9 x Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    That is f***ing retarded. Every army I know that has a character that does something similar, like with Kor'sarro Khan in the Space Marine codex, he makes 5-man units of bikes into troop choices, but that doesn't keep you from taking more bikes as Fast Attack choices. Whoever wrote that FAQ needs to have his head clocked.

I'll be chatting with the local fellas to see if they agree with me. If we do, then we'll probably make a house rule to allow it. Because this is f-ed up. It makes no logical sense at all.
    How does it make no sense that instead of taking a non-FOC slot they instead move to both Troops and can be taken without the inquisition rule? That is a really good trade off and you are whining that it isn't good enough? Really? Lets not mention that Coteaz by himself is one of the best HQ choices in the game, Henchmen squads are silly undercosted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast