BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Female Space Marines

Do you think if GW made a chapter of Female Space Marines more ladies would play?

Alternately if a line of female IG models or regiment was produced would that encourage more female players?

I know the sisters are around, and yes they are very cool, but sadly I never see them.
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Chaplain

Run. Hide. Melissia's coming.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Javin View Post
    Do you think if GW made a chapter of Female Space Marines more ladies would play?

Alternately if a line of female IG models or regiment was produced would that encourage more female players?

I know the sisters are around, and yes they are very cool, but sadly I never see them.
    Dunno. Depends on advertising attempts and so on, and how exactly they were portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Run. Hide. Melissia's coming.
    Why? I'm not going to burn anyone yet.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Well it would require some serious retcons to the fluff but that's never stopped GW before...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Why? I'm not going to burn anyone yet.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Veteran-Sergeant

females in power amour are old news - in 1988 GW made 2 - i have one of them

[URL="http://www.solegends.com/citrt/rt601adventurers.htm"]http://www.solegends.com/citrt/rt601adventurers.htm[/URL]

Female Warrior Jayne = power armor & sword

Female Warrior Gabs = Sword and Bolter <--- thats the one i have!

/krispy

Abbess Sanctorum

Not that they actually HAD female heads.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Not that they actually HAD female heads.
    oh cmon short back and sides CAN be flattering......

Abbess Sanctorum

I was referring to the faces, not the hair. Early 40K art and models regarding females tended to be have feminine bodies but masculine heads. Essentially, they looked like slender guys with tits.

Librarian

Arguably it could be done - after all the two lost primarchs could actually be matriarchs, and the Marines are produced using a vastly different process that only works on females but produces the same or similar end result. A process that has been lost for some time - we all know how the Imperium totally drops the ball and keeps losing tech.

I dunno; I've been up for nigh 24-hours now.

Librarian

Essentially, they looked like slender guys with tits.
    Which, lets face it, is not a good look by most people's standards.

If we want female space marines we can use the Sororitas, yes I know they're far far far away from the same thing as female marines but the models are females in power armour and using the Marine 'dex you can make the list.

We've kind been here before with plenty of other threads about female sculpts (that I now can't find to link to but I'm sure someone will) I think females in power armour whilst not as well covered (no pun intended) as the male figures are substantially better catered for than female guard figures.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast