BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
    Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    I do not think "thin skinned" really applies to comments like that. It was a fairly backwards way of getting a point across, if that is what she was intending.

Calling people stupid for misinterpreting that is pretty average also.
    Once again, context. She quoted a refuting statement in her post, and it was left off of the "OMG! RACISM!" noticing quote. Then, without thinking critically, everyone jumps up and crys foul. However, I do love the irony of someone criticizing the writing skills of someone else, while also seriously using the phrase "full of fail". Also, I had a tongue-sticking-out-smiley. That was important in that last phrase.

But thanks! We can now add the Race Card to the top of the pyre made from the burning wreckage that is this thread. It justly deservers to be locked. (I'm not advocating burning or locking up anybody, for the record! )

Of course, I could be wrong, and Melissia could be incomprehensibly racist. I assume she isn't, but what do I know.
    Last edited by Faultie; 01-06-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

No, I'm not a racist. I may occasionally word my sentences awkwardly, but I'm not a racist. I was giving examples that the majority believed to be true, but aren't. I could also give the example of homeopathy, too, seeing as I'm studying in the field of pharmacy-- a number of people believe it actually works. Funny thing is, it's nothing more than a placebo-- a sugar pill has more active ingredients in it than homeopathic medicines. Oh wait, I'm sorry, remedies. They can't call them medicines with a straight face, and neither could I. Regardless of whether or not people believe that homeopathic remedies work, they really don't do anything more than a placebo-- aside from reduce the size of the lump in your wallet at any rate.
    Last edited by Melissia; 01-06-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Once again, context. She quoted a refuting statement in her post, and it was left off of the "OMG! RACISM!" noticing quote. Then, without thinking critically, everyone jumps up and crys foul. However, I do love the irony of someone criticizing the writing skills of someone else, while also seriously using the phrase "full of fail". Also, I had a tongue-sticking-out-smiley. That was important in that last phrase.

But thanks! We can now add the Race Card to the top of the pyre made from the burning wreckage that is this thread. It justly deservers to be locked. (I'm not advocating burning or locking up anybody, for the record! )

Of course, I could be wrong, and Melissia could be incomprehensibly racist. I assume she isn't, but what do I know.
    Sure, I may not have exercised very impressive skills, but I didn't have to, given the point I was trying to get across (context, if you will). Anyways, this thread is starting to make Warseer look like an attractive option, something I never thought I would say about BoLS.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    No, I'm not a racist. I may occasionally word my sentences awkwardly, but I'm not a racist. I was giving examples that the majority believed to be true, but aren't. I could also give the example of homeopathy, too, seeing as I'm studying in the field of pharmacy-- a number of people believe it actually works. Funny thing is, it's nothing more than a placebo-- a sugar pill has more active ingredients in it than homeopathic medicines. Oh wait, I'm sorry, remedies. They can't call them medicines with a straight face, and neither could I. Regardless of whether or not people believe that homeopathic remedies work, they really don't do anything more than a placebo-- aside from reduce the size of the lump in your wallet at any rate.
    Phew - thanks for the clarification!

I almost want to go back and read how this thread got to this point as I thought this was a discussion on what sort of impact a female chapter of Space Marines would have a positive effect on the number of female players of 40k. :-)

/M

Chaplain

IBTL
    that is all.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Fly Lord

Say goodnight Gracie!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263