BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Blood Angels Sanguinor question

The wargear for the Saunguinor states he's carrying a Glaive Encarmine. The FAQ stated in regards to Sanguinary Guard. They are what they are modeled as(ie.axe,sword).The Saunginor models has a sword,but I'm thinking a axe is the way to go with him having a 3plus invul,and Eternal Warrior. shouldn't be a issue,should it?

Chapter-Master

well, you *could* do that.
    However, one of the *major* advantages to Sanguinor is his Initiative (what, 7? I don't have the book in front of me). That's a waste of one of his best abilities: going first.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

He has I6 which is good, but having 5(6 charging) attacks AP2 mastercrafted at str 7 per charge(6 without) would make anybody wince.especially w EW,and a 3+ invul. Being one of the BAs unit of 1 id see him in a lot of challenges
    Last edited by Brandoncbaker; 08-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Chapter-Master

that's true, however, there are lots of weapons that would be used to do a 'number' on him at the same time. When you stick to the AP3, he kills most things that would kill him, without taking a lickin'. Remember, he's real talent is the 'force multiplier'. Having him fly along an assault squad, with the ability to absorb challenges, allows Sanguinor do what he does best, scythe through units.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Yep having someone else take the challenge so he can rip a unit apart seems like his appeal.

Brother-Captain

I would stick with the sword. Make the most of his initiative, you have other ways of dealing with 2+ armour. Also I feel it really isn't with the spirit of the game to be changing what he has. He's the Sanguinor, he uses a sword, not an axe. That's just how I see it though.

Brother-Sergeant

In addition, I believe somewhere it states that whatever a Unique character is armed with, that's what he has. Although, for the life of me, I can't think of where it was, either in an FAQ or the rulebook.

Either way, take it from someone who plays a Slaanesh lord with lightning claws, I6 and AP3 is amazing :P