BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What do you wish your army did better than they do now?

Allies seemingly allows players to patch a few holes in their armies. However, is there something you wish your army did better or is there a unit that you think is missing from your codex that you wish you could field? For example; do you wish IG had better psykers? Do you think Dark Eldar need some sort of giant robot to match their older brothers?

For me, I wish Orks had better armor mitigation. I liked the last codex's choppa rules more than I do now because I still can't seem to pop power or termie armor very, despite getting 30 orks throwing lots of dice. Getting past AV14 is also a big problem, outside of hand-to-hand too.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

These threads are pretty frustrating. They usually seem to be full of complaints that don't make sense. I mean, armies are supposed to be good at some things and bad at others. That's the whole point. I find the attitude of "my army should have no flaws" or "all the flaws of my army should be fixable" really frustrating. If you want a perfectly fair game, play Chess. The point of the game is a certain degree of asymmetry.

That said, there are a few valid complaints. Basically, where an army doesn't manage to deliver on what it's supposed to be about, it's pretty frustrating. For example: it's not that the Blood Angels are a bad army. You can build a lot of great lists with the Blood Angels army book. What's frustrating is that the Blood Angels just aren't as good at assaulting as they are supposed to be. Assault marines will not win a fight with a decent assault force. Sanguinary guard are too expensive and the units are too small to field in force. Vanguard veterans are awesome, but while their drop-and-assault trick is great for disrupting your opponent's plans, it isn't powerful enough to get past their fundamental lousiness.

The Blood Angels are supposed to be the close combat 3+ army, and they just aren't. They can win fist fights with Guard or Tau - sometimes with Eldar, if you choose your target - but that's it. Chaos, Orks, and 'Nids all have the tools to categorically outclass them, and it's often really disheartening.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

All assault armies are suffering right now, but as one of the older Codex books released at this point, it hurts Blood Angels a little more on their basic units.

One thing I wish from Tau is that due to the new heavy rail rifle rules, the entire Tau army got worse at taking down heavily armored vehicles from range. Either you have a tendency to have to get close, or you have to throw lots of dice and hope for 5's and 6's, which annoys me.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    All assault armies are suffering right now, but as one of the older Codex books released at this point, it hurts Blood Angels a little more on their basic units.
    Trust me. I have faith. I think that when the Blood Angels codex gets upgraded - if the general trend of fun and well-written codices continues - they will have all the tools they need to be successful in combat.

For now, it's all about playing them like marines who happen to be a little better in a fight and softening the enemy up with dakka before combat to even the odds.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Not sure if this counts, but i always wished you could do "all canoptek" necron armies. hopefully they'll focus on that aspect in the next update.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

I wish that my psyker-mastery race didn't have to flopping roll for psychic powers at the beginning of the game.

/thread.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

Avoid the Codex Astartes and remember their Grenades.

I wish my "Swarm" Tyranid army had viable swarm builds. Or, you know, assault grenades.

I wish my tau could shoot better... that's more due to my dice though!

BA being a little more survivable to get to melee perhaps, dante hitting at his initiative would be nice too.

Dark Eldar being more 'scary' - a couple of ways to inflict morale checks on units like the old horrorfex would be cool

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I wish that my psyker-mastery race didn't have to flopping roll for psychic powers at the beginning of the game.

/thread.
    What do you mean, randumb is fun!

That was sarcasm, btw.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast