BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Dark Eldar? Hmm, similar wishes as most here, although possibly more narrative-friendly : Better shooting at things in the air, without relying on fortifications. Just not narrative. The Razorwing isn't enough. So, probably just be able to buy Skyfire and (separately) Interceptors for Raiders and Ravagers.

Faster assault. First turn assault can be hugely disruptive, but the narrative suggests the DE of all the armies should have the best ability or possibility there. What I'd really like is having aethersails not count against combat speed ;-)

At least assaulting reserves out of the webway, dagnabit!!

Oh, a few survivability tweaks; 5++ for the Talos and Chronos (how is it narrative for a monstrous CREATED creature to not have an invuln?), ignore cover weapons are still disadvantaged against Reavers moving flat out, a racewide 5+ Deny the Witch (simply from their constant struggle against She Who Thirsts), I'd like a FAQ that the wyches' dodge save 'counts as' but is not an invuln, hence not affected by psychic effects, like psychic hood.

Really, relatively small things that simply emphasize the qualities the DE possess, None of these, except possibly assaulting with aethersails, change the game much. Webway? Still need a turn to get it in place, so it can't be set up ahead of time.

One other thing. I'd like mandrakes to be actually useful in the game. (and Kheragdruhkar as well). That would make every unit in the DE codex viable. And such gorgeous models.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe TwoCrows View Post
    Dark Eldar? Hmm, similar wishes as most here, although possibly more narrative-friendly : Better shooting at things in the air, without relying on fortifications. Just not narrative. The Razorwing isn't enough. So, probably just be able to buy Skyfire and (separately) Interceptors for Raiders and Ravagers.
    DE just suffer from having late 5th ed book, so technically we have flyers but otherwise no AA to speak of. I agree the Razorwing could use a re-work (if nothing else, some anti-air missiles on our missile laden 'fighter' would be nice).

Faster assault. First turn assault can be hugely disruptive, but the narrative suggests the DE of all the armies should have the best ability or possibility there. What I'd really like is having aethersails not count against combat speed ;-)
    Do like the idea of faster assault, given the fluff of lightning raids and being on top of the enemy before they even know they're being attacked. It'd also go a long ways toward making Wyches viable again.

At least assaulting reserves out of the webway, dagnabit!!
    This too, and honestly as this was a change I really hated in 6th ed to begin with, I'd like to see more exceptions to this in general. Having some units capable of assaulting out of Reserves would help accentuate the lightning speed of such units (the Lictor would be a great example).

Oh, a few survivability tweaks; 5++ for the Talos and Chronos (how is it narrative for a monstrous CREATED creature to not have an invuln?)
    Same way a Wraithlord or any TMC doesn't have one. Would be nice for them to start with Altered Physique though and have 5+ FNP though.

One other thing. I'd like mandrakes to be actually useful in the game. (and Kheragdruhkar as well). That would make every unit in the DE codex viable. And such gorgeous models.
    Very much agree. Even if it means they stay only so-so in CC, I'd like to see them get some ability to assault the turn they arrive.

Brother-Sergeant

Simple, Blood Angels Furious Charge should be +1 str AND +1 Initiative. 6th ed sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    Simple, Blood Angels Furious Charge should be +1 str AND +1 Initiative. 6th ed sucks.
    Cause nobody else who had Furious Charge would've liked to keep their +1 Initiative.

Brother-Sergeant

LOL, correct...... No seriously, BA or any other army, Furious Charge should have stayed +1str and +1 Initiative.......

Paint themselves.

Librarian

i wish they had kept it so that each army has very telling strengths and weaknesses this whole every army needs to be able to be just like every other army drives me insane. i want an army that has some weaknesses not either an army thats has none or an army thats all weakness...

Chaplain

Harking back to earlier comments I have found the combination of the new codex and ed 6 rules quite debilitating for Eldar assault. I don't mind the overwatch and the uncertainty of the charge range and possibly a failed leadership check if overwatch does too much damage. However the AP3 rule on power swords reduced the Eldar to a single AP2 assault weapon. And now that costs a fortune because it needs an exarch and costs heaps as a weapon choice, an additional 55 points for an S6 power klaw, really? The other irritation is that now Eldar wont get into assault until turn 3, You can't dismount from vehicles that move over 6", (Fast is not an advantage anymore), you can't assault the turn you dismount, even if the vehicle had not moved yet, You can't flank until at least second turn and then you can't assault, you can't deep strike until second turn and you can't assault the same turn you deep strike, (And lets face it who would assault with spiders or hawks ?). They finally give wraith guard assault weapons but they can't kill terminators and they are as expensive. I am re-thinking the army and how I play it but even my scorpions will now be counter assault, and what was the deal changing the acrobatic rule. Extra movement instead of counter attack? I see a theme here. There are good new things in the Eldar codex, but it cost a lot to get them and it is so reminiscent of the revised Ork codex. High points cost for reduced effectiveness in characters that lead the squads.

I'd like to see all armies vehicles change to Combat speed 6" may fire all weapons, cruising speed 12" may fire one weapon and snapshoot others, flat out only available to fast vehicles.

to be fair about that ap2 power claw for 55pts, you are paying a surcharge to attack at init 6/5 instead of init 1. a sgt with pf comes in at 41, so 14pts to kill 2-3 models before they strike isnt bad (vs non inv save guys)

i think DE will be fine for AA once they get updated. they just have to wait until their turn. at least they get fliers, SW get allies and fortifications (or spray and pray) for killing those things.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast