BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Army Idea Exchange

Have you got an idea for a conversion - or even an entire themed army - that you think that you will probably never actually use yourself? Do you think they're cool enough that it's kind of a shame? This is the thread for you.

The rules are simple:
    1) If you have an idea to donate, post it.
    2) If you read an idea you like, steal it, but...
    3) If you get an idea from this thread, and you actually use it, you have to either post pictures or a link to a blog/thread where you post pictures as your project gets completed.

Maybe we can even get this stickied?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Hovercraft transports/vehicles, probably Imperial Guard, but could also work for Orks
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

I have an image in my head from a movie called wizards. I immediately transformed this image to Orks. Basically I melded a lot of Orks from the War Hammer world with 40k Orks. On result was the Black Wotchas, a bunch of Orks with shootas and big shootas in kilts painted with the black watch tartan.

I then found some cold ones from a bitz box I won and the image from Wizards hit me. An Ork astride the cold one with a bang stikk, a spear with a stikk bomb attached, sat astride the cold one with his head turned to one side. The cold one would be festooned with kit, and the spear would be in the vertical position. The ork would be a 40k creature in a relaxed pose on patrole. I have most of the parts but have not had the right idea for manufacturing a saddle. I have been side tracked by the many tasks related to my Eldar. But it continues to lurk in my imagination.

Harlequin army. Honestly I've seen people doing this already, but:

Autarch with the Mantle of the Laughing God and whatever tricksy Eldar nonsense you feel like tooling her up with. Multiple units of Harlequins themselves; convert Storm Guardians into Harlequin players/understudies; make Harlequin Jetbikes. No idea if it'd be any good, but by god it'd be *fun*. And look great!

One of these days I'm going to work out how to make Motley from the Andy Chambers Dark Eldar novels. <3 Motley. He's lovely.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Spiritseer (Shadowseer), Solitaire (Autarch with Mantle), 30+ Harles, Wrathblades as troops, and Dark Reaper (Death Jesters) as heavy support.
    Optional additions, Avatar (wraithlord dancing with sword), Jetbikers (with harlequin CCW's)

I always thought about doing Harlequin Wrathblades, and have those as troops, but have clear strings coming out of joints as if they were puppets controlled by some "greater power" with a Spiritseer being the "Shadowseer"
    also having Dark Reapers represent squads of death jesters. a wraithlord representing an Avatar of the laughing god. For this he would have to be cut and reposed in a more "dancing" manner as would the Wraithblades.

For the Solitaire - autarach with the magic sword, the mantle and a *jet bike* this represents the ability to run like the wind all over the place and have +1T and have cover saves all the time, befitting the solitaires almost legendary status. The only problem I have is figuring out what model to use..

When the Imperium pulled back the Damocles Crusade, they abandoned an insane number of IG Brigades, with all their equipment, with the parting instructions to do as much damage as possible and to fight to the death. The Emperor alone knows how many obeyed; what is known is a fair number of IG surrendered on terms, and became the basis for the Gue'vasa that the Farsight Enclaves boast. So I have always had the idea of an IG-to-Gue'vasa contingent. The rules for this have never been published; it's one of the bones I have to pick with the current Codex. My understanding is that the Gue'vasa are not addressed in the Farsight supplement either, although I haven't read that yet; I have to wait on the dead-tree edition, currently due in October. Confirmation or correction of this by anyone with the supplement would be nice to have...

A subset of this is what the Enclaves would do with all the materiel languishing in the deserts, because while traditionally abandoned vehicles are scuttled, that's tough to do once you're out of fuel and explosives. (In the real world, I'm given to understand that there are still WW II vehicles being found in the deserts of Africa - essentially completely intact.) In my concept of the Enclaves, those abandoned vehicles are rcovered, refurbished and refitted to bring them up to compatibility with the mainline Tau forces. After all, the basic designs - produced by Man back in the glory days, if not quite as well realized as back then - are extremely effective. I amuse myself by imagining Earth Caste engineers going over these vehicles and finding circuit runs and bits of fitting that serve no purpose whatsoever - but are still included because that's how they're made.

Their designs are enough to make you shake your head, Commander. Look here - see this? This is a broad-spectum data feed, running from these fittings - empty, always have been, you can tell from the layers of paint - to this space, which their own training documents say is a storage space for personal equipment. We are going to mount the multi-tracking targeting computer here; I believe they once had something similar as well - but no longer know how to make them...

My current projects are a pair of Sentinels, (both in process, although I'm sidetracked fabricating a new canopy for the one) and a pair of Hellhounds, one of which I've reworked. I also have a old Space Marine Whirlwind - it's a Mars-pattern from 3rd Edition, I think - that I'm debating re-doing as a launch platform for Seekers. After that...?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    When the Imperium pulled back the Damocles Crusade, they abandoned an insane number of IG Brigades, with all their equipment, with the parting instructions to do as much damage as possible and to fight to the death. The Emperor alone knows how many obeyed; what is known is a fair number of IG surrendered on terms, and became the basis for the Gue'vasa that the Farsight Enclaves boast. So I have always had the idea of an IG-to-Gue'vasa contingent. The rules for this have never been published; it's one of the bones I have to pick with the current Codex. My understanding is that the Gue'vasa are not addressed in the Farsight supplement either, although I haven't read that yet; I have to wait on the dead-tree edition, currently due in October. Confirmation or correction of this by anyone with the supplement would be nice to have...

A subset of this is what the Enclaves would do with all the materiel languishing in the deserts, because while traditionally abandoned vehicles are scuttled, that's tough to do once you're out of fuel and explosives. (In the real world, I'm given to understand that there are still WW II vehicles being found in the deserts of Africa - essentially completely intact.) In my concept of the Enclaves, those abandoned vehicles are rcovered, refurbished and refitted to bring them up to compatibility with the mainline Tau forces. After all, the basic designs - produced by Man back in the glory days, if not quite as well realized as back then - are extremely effective. I amuse myself by imagining Earth Caste engineers going over these vehicles and finding circuit runs and bits of fitting that serve no purpose whatsoever - but are still included because that's how they're made.

Their designs are enough to make you shake your head, Commander. Look here - see this? This is a broad-spectum data feed, running from these fittings - empty, always have been, you can tell from the layers of paint - to this space, which their own training documents say is a storage space for personal equipment. We are going to mount the multi-tracking targeting computer here; I believe they once had something similar as well - but no longer know how to make them...

My current projects are a pair of Sentinels, (both in process, although I'm sidetracked fabricating a new canopy for the one) and a pair of Hellhounds, one of which I've reworked. I also have a old Space Marine Whirlwind - it's a Mars-pattern from 3rd Edition, I think - that I'm debating re-doing as a launch platform for Seekers. After that...?
    This is an awesome idea. One of my main frustrations with the Allies system is that although Tau and IG can work together very well to simulate Tau and Gue'Vesa allies, the fact is that Tau and IG don't give each other anything the other needs, so it would be pretty much a fluff-driven vanity project - and as much as I love my Tau, and as much as the way they incorporate other species is part of what makes them cool, I haven't got the budget for that kind of thing, myself.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Lizardmen as Tau. I would use the Tau codex and Tau weapon bitz... everything else would be WFB Lizardman models.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Veteran-Sergeant

I've always wanted to do an IG army crossed with Brettonians and WHFB Empire to be a medievaly themed army. Rough Riders are mounted Knights, IG troops are usually crossed with Brettonian men at arms, priests used Warhammer War priests and so on and so on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast