BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Total monetary outlay for my Gue'vasa project is right on a hundred dollars so far; Couple boxes of IG guys - sourced from Dibbles here in San Antonio - and the vehicles, which I bought from a friend. I need to order about four dozen of the Farsight shoulder pads, so there's that... but it's a rule-of-cool, flavor and fluff thing, not intended for anything but beer-and-pretzels play. I mean, I'm essentially making kitbashed one-offs; there are no 'official' statlines for what I'm building. ::grin:: Hmm, that could be another subject... but the last time I tried, no one posted to it, so maybe not.

Chris, I got two sprues of lizardmen that I had forgotten about til I read your post; thank you for the idea, sir!

Librarian

It seems to me that if you have an idea, it can probably be put into play using existing army rules. For several years I wanted to do a Liberian/Sierra Leone Guerilla army ever since I saw this image. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guerilla.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	4679 Google images of these guys sometimes. They were the most whacked-out psycho-crazy bad-***** around (and yes, those are technical terms). -And guess what? I finally just went ahead and made them! Just a platoon of 30 guys so far but I run them as IG Conscripts or Chaos Cultists alternatively. I don't seem to have a picture of the models handy. I'll get some and post them on the modelling section in the next day or two.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    It seems to me that if you have an idea, it can probably be put into play using existing army rules. For several years I wanted to do a Liberian/Sierra Leone Guerilla army ever since I saw this image. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guerilla.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	4679 Google images of these guys sometimes. They were the most whacked-out psycho-crazy bad-***** around (and yes, those are technical terms). -And guess what? I finally just went ahead and made them! Just a platoon of 30 guys so far but I run them as IG Conscripts or Chaos Cultists alternatively. I don't seem to have a picture of the models handy. I'll get some and post them on the modelling section in the next day or two.
    He may be whacked out and all crazy, but he's not going to hit the broad side of the moon shooting an AK like that,

I've done a full Harlequin army back in the day with the old PDF rulebook and it was a hell of a lot of fun whilst it was still around. I'm currently painting a High Elf army based on the idea that each elven family has its own heraldry and colours and each single model has a different style; it makes a rainbow of an army that is rather fun to see displayed out.

I do love the sound of the archeic bretonnian/empire IG army and also of Guevassa, I converted some long ago and have had a soft spot ever since for them.

I always have a soft spot for the unique units in armies, or the down trodded sides. I'd like an army entirely of Skinks, or Vespids or the afore-mentioned Guevassa.

My real dream would be a converted Loyal Nagarythe army though, with Shadow warriors and SW-inspired nobles, built around a core of nomadic High Elves and straggly vagrants. Not sure how you would model it though.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    He may be whacked out and all crazy, but he's not going to hit the broad side of the moon shooting an AK like that,
    Aw hell no, he ain't hitting jack! That's why the Conscript BS 2 is a nice fit.

Here's an idea that's more "I hope I can do sometime in the future, but am placing it here for posterity if it never gets done": An Ultramarines / Alpha Legion combo army.

The models would all be modeled as bog-standard Ultramarines, and kitted out so they can be played as Codex Marines, except for 2 Heldrakes. The trick is, the boys in blue have Alpha Legion iconography on them in UV-reactive "invisible ink" type paint. The Heldrakes are there less for their utility and more for the fact that with their height above the table, size of the hull, and the vents on the belly, they can be used to carry a battery of UV LED lights to light up the army and show their true nature.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

I had this idea to make a "pretty" and "angelic" Daemons army. So, it's all of the forces of Chaos, but in shapes that reflect Chaos's positive, "gentler" nature. They come to take the planet by guile, inspiring worship, and resort to military action if they are prevented. They're lead by a demon prince "archangel" who believes that the conflict between the real world and the Warp is caused by the real world's failure to fall on its knees and worship its rightful gods. My basic conversion guide is as follows:

• Slaanesh -> winged angels, very pretty.
    • Nurgle -> animal creatures, plant creatures, beast-headed angels
    • Khorne -> warrior angels, fiery wings and such
    • Tzeentch -> sorcerers, "revelations" angels (ie. many-faced, many-winged, covered in eyes, etc).

The only problem is that this sort of project would involve basically sculpting the whole freaking thing from scratch... and I'm not that into it.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I'm just gonna leave this here (Mini-Dreadknight; counts-as Tau):

I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

My idea is for an Ork conversion. It's best summed up in one word: KOBRAAA!

Kobra Kommander = Warboss
    Lord Destro = Another Warboss (they can't decide which one's the Warlord, so no list should ever contain both of them)

Dr. Mindbender = any one of the following: Shokk Attack Gun, Weirdboy, Big Mek, Mad Doc, etc.
    Major Bludd = Boss Zagstruk with his Stormboyz
    The Baroness = Boss Snikrot with her Night Vipers
    Zartan and the Drednoks = Bikers with Nob

Alternatively, Zartan could be Snikrot and The Baroness could be just a regular Nob.

Anytime the WAAARGH! is called, the player must yell "KOBRAAAA!"
    Last edited by Rissan4ever; 08-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    Aw hell no, he ain't hitting jack! That's why the Conscript BS 2 is a nice fit.
    You might want to modify that to a BS of 1 and has to reroll 6's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast