BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Hmmm. Feel sorry for my poor Helturkeys. Not much love there. Can I say I think no cover save is sensible - in terms of you don't get one against hth attacks, so VS is clearly a hth attack. Besides, what do you think a bit of crumbly ruin is going to do against several tons of swooping metal daemon eh?

For my 3 rules, I will try to come up with actual rules, rather than units I feel are written wrong.

1. Look Out Sir. It is amusing to start with, but when my Warlord has used the first 15 cultists as ablative wounds, it probably gets a bit old for the opposition. Suggested improvement? Only one LOSA can be taken per phase.

2. Challenges. Really? The Space Marine Sgt will really duel my Bloodthirster, preventing it tearing through a Squad? Suggested improvement? Monstrous Creatures can ignore challenges.

3. No Assaults after disembarking. Rubbish. What, not even from Stationary any more? Suggested Improvement? Back to 5ed assault rules.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Just the one for me really....

People confusing my tactical competence for me fielding a beardy/broken/overpowered army list.

The Cure?

That's the only Cure I know.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The Space Marine Sergeant will really duel your Bloodthirster, because he is the thin line between the people of the Imperium and the madness and despoilation of Chaos. If his life must be given to achieve that end, then so be it. The Bloodthirster, meanwhile, is a creature of pure rage and ego, and its martial pride has just been called out by this puny mortal. Show the puny mortal his place in the universe.

So there you go.

I'm not super-bothered by it, but if I had to choose, I'd say that I like randomly choosing psychic powers the least.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Plus, I can't see a Bloodthirster turning down a challenge to it's martial prowess. I'd imagine Khorne may frown upon refusal....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Other players whining about tiny things little things that can easily be house-ruled are probably the most annoying thing about WH40K, the other two, hmmm, narrative gaming is encouraged but no rulebook support (yet) for games masters and the like and I'd say for third I'd say fortifications being placed before terrain limits the usefulness of the bigger pieces if you're not using the narrative method of placing terrain
    Last edited by SaveModifier; 08-19-2013 at 05:28 AM.

The cover save against Vector Strike --> they see it coming and hide (like any rational being). Yes, it´s called a CC attack --> no cover save, but IMO, it´s not the same, but well, this is how it is...in our FLGC we build the table first --> then fortifications, it´s just logical (for that narrative gaming...)...house ruling is a difficult thing. We had MAJOR issues with our Marine players, when we debated about disembarking from the Drop pod (from the hull 6", NOT the wings), but we got it locked in. Not looking for the next major thang ...line of sight issues (yes, there´s always few cases per day), how Storm Raven is "ok" to contest the objective (in a certain mission) in higher ruin levels due to the tallness of the whole model, "running" with a flying MC etc...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

1. Random psychic powers. (Really? Like a Farseer shows up to the field of battle, his warriors calling for the Farseer's guidance: "Wait, guys, I forgot some of my runes. I can make a storm, will that help?")

2. Assault. All of it. There has to be some middle ground that can be balanced. It used to be too powerful, now it is a suicide march.

For those complaining about Look Out, Sir!, this is basically by default how allocation worked in 3rd. You just took the wounds where you wanted them and rolled up the saves.

Also, ATSKNF has basically gotten less powerful over time. It is simply what Marines are and always have been. If you haven't been playing very long, way back in the day, they simply didn't take tests. Now you can at least drive them back a few inches sometimes if they fail, even if they auto-rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Not being able to use krak grenades in close combat...
    You can't use Krak Grenades in close combat? wth are they for then just to have 1 dude throw it?

atsknf needs to be changed. helldrakes just need to have their turret changed to 180degrees in front of model and they are fine. im not sure what 30" move necrons have every turn. I must be playing them wrong. Also the 4+ well be back affects 1 unit with the orb and is expensive. hell most necron players dont even take it anymore. Eldar shouldnt randomly determine spells as the premier psykers of the universe.

Librarian

1: Too many charts and lists in the main rule book and codexes that you have to roll on before and during the game. In fact too many to remember them all sometimes, and you miss out on some important thing that could have won or lost you the game, and you either get called a cheat, or your opponent who probably remembered the need for the roll purposely forgot to tell you.

2: Too many weapons have been changed for the worse, while too many of the special rules make some units useless, especially now that we have overwatch. For example Salvo weapons move and they can only shoot at half range, stand still they are good, so limits units to sit on an objective. Slow and Purposeful, can not run, and can not overwatch, so units like Obliterators can not use twin linked flamers to hose down assaulting enemy. I would have changed Salvo weapons so that its stat line is as follows Assault (first value)/ heavy (second value). With the unit not being able to charge if they fire their salvo weapon in the second mode, even if the unit has relentless or slow and purposeful. I would also have made it so Slow and purposeful was similar to Relentless, but the unit has to roll 3D6 for charge distance and use the 2 lowest, and that the unit can not run/ or turbo boost (they are slow in getting from point A to Point B, not slow in picking up a weapon and shooting it).

3: The vehicle rules are really ridiculous. Not being able to have a normal game turn if you disembark from a transport vehicle before it moves. Unless it is an assault vehicle or open topped. You should be able to disembark from a transport that moved and then assault if an assault vehicle, or get a full movement shooting, assault if you disembark from a transport that did not move before you got off. However they should still limit the distance the vehicle can move in order for the unit to disembark - 6".
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 08-19-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

I don't know about 3, but one of the most annoying rule loopholes I can think of if the "open toped" vechicle. I can shoot at you if this fraction of a inch of my prow is peeking out rule..ugg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast