BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Top 3 MOST annoying things in WH40K rules?

Hello,

What are the three most annoying things in WH40K rules? I´m not necessarily talking about universal rules, but some "loopholes" or OP things some armies bring on the table. Here´s what i hate the most...

1. Necrons "I can jump 30" every turn la-di-daa..." Royal court (or whatever) doing this...why bother even playing against these a**h***s?

2. Necrons 5+/4+ "I´ll just get the f*** back up, even if you smashed me with S10 hit..."c´mon!, They nerfed the FNP, so here´s the next one to go IMHO...or at least the same thing that FNP has, double S over T and you are out!

3. This gets most votes me thinks ...Heldrake...what the hell, you cannot take cover saves against huge claws diving for you from the sky? No, i just stand here and take it like a (soon dying) man. I´ve had my Pathfinders (with 2+ cover save) hiding in ruins (not even on the top floor) and some how the claws find their way from the nooks and crannies to pry the flesh from bones? Vector strike itself is a cool idea, but it should definitely allow you to take a cover save. If you were on the open, who wouldn´t dive to ground (unless fearless ) when a mechanized iron dragon tries to catch you?
    Torrent flamer...and you can measure it from the things bunghole...logical...highly logical...torrent flamer rule itself gets an honorable mention...

Well, it´s me venting out some frustrations (and i haven´t faced the Necrons with my new Eldar yet ) in this game i love, but what´s your beef and who is it with?

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Hmm,

1. Helldrake - nuff said.
    2. Fleeing in the opposite direction of the enemy which caused the Morale check causing units to run off table instead of towards my table edge, i've lost a few good units to this.
    3. Fast units with 2+ cover save just because they moved one inch.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Overwatch... Like it was not hard enough for my old assault marines to slog all the way accross the battle field to finally get close enough to attempt a charge... To just make the charge distance... Then loose the front marine or 2 and fail the charge. Then of course they get spanked because they are stood around in the open Like a bunch of ballons. Hate it.

Tau supporting fire... AS above but all his mates get a free crack at you as well.

Walkers... I love my dreadnougts. Being the proud owner of 6 including a forge world chaplin. However they just dont work any more. They just die to easy to monsterous creatures in close combat. My death company dread when toe to toe with a Tau riptide the other day and got spanked. You can not believe how hard it was to keep him alive to get in to that combat. That can not be right. It happened a few weeks ago as well against a deamon prince. Not even a close fight. They need a new rule. Somthing like 'titanic struggle'. To give them a little boost when going head on with monsterous creatures.

OK so you got me going now...

Riptides and wraith knights... How the hell are they monsterous creatures? They are huge mechanical walking machines! So walkers then? Monstertous creatures are big deamons, huge tyranids maybe even some super massive ork!

Power axes being I1... What the &*^% maybe drop them one I point but really as slow and heavy as a thunder hammer... Er no.

Power Swords being AP3... Thought they sliced though armour like butter. Not any more. No better at cracking open terminators than a sharp stick. Rubbish!

That rule that eldar have that gives there guns what is bassically rending. Dont get me wrong they needed a boast... Assault 3 maybe? Or an extra 6 inch range? You get the idea! I know that a sqaud of guardians killed 3 Lighting claw armed terminators the other day when they tellported in next to them. Another on on the charge using over watch then the last they got lucky and killed in close combat before it got a chance to even swing a claw!

Ok ok stopping now... Sorry to vent you did just ask for three so...

Over watch,

Supporting fire and

Walkers.

1. And They Shall Know No Rules: ATSKNF is way too good. It ignores so much of the morale game that most morale effects are generally ignored. Immune to Fear, ok, fluffy. Auto-regroup and consolodate. OK, not bad. May move and fire like normal after the auto-regroup and consolodate while everyone else has to stand around and snapshoot? Not cool.
    To make it less overpowered, I would remove the "may move normally" bit out. You get the 3" consolodate like everyone, and can shoot or charge normally, but you don't get to move 6" on top of the free 3" consolodate.

2. Vehicle speed bands. Snapshots help some, but shooty tanks are still rather immobile. Vehicles are more vulnerable now, let them have some teeth back. Make combat speed 6" and may fire all weapons, cruising speed 12" and fire 1 plus snapshoot the others. And let troops assault after disembarking if it did not move that turn. Instead of fast vehicles affecting weapons, make fast give an extra 6" if you go flat out.

3. Assaulting vehicles. Make it less of a gimme. Stationary vehicles hit automatically. Combat speed hit on a 3+. Cruising speed hit on a 4+, flat out on a 5+.

Bob821 - just to point out, you roll charge distance after overwatch, not before.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Bob821 - just to point out, you roll charge distance after overwatch, not before.
    Oh thats interesting. Thanks. We have been playing that wrong then! Opps. Thats the problem when you always play with a small group of mates. Miss read a rule once and no one ever picks you up on it.

What I said still works though. If you where 6 inchs from making it in to assault and lose your front guy or two making it 8 inches then role a 7 you have still failed to make the charge because of the deaths caused by over watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    1. And They Shall Know No Rules: ATSKNF is way too good. It ignores so much of the morale game that most morale effects are generally ignored. Immune to Fear, ok, fluffy. Auto-regroup and consolodate. OK, not bad. May move and fire like normal after the auto-regroup and consolodate while everyone else has to stand around and snapshoot? Not cool.
    To make it less overpowered, I would remove the "may move normally" bit out. You get the 3" consolodate like everyone, and can shoot or charge normally, but you don't get to move 6" on top of the free 3" consolodate.

3. Assaulting vehicles. Make it less of a gimme. Stationary vehicles hit automatically. Combat speed hit on a 3+. Cruising speed hit on a 4+, flat out on a 5+.
    I SO co-sign these two, maybe my n. 4 & 5 on the list? ATSKNF is stupid. Just in the last game i said to my friend the same thing. "It would be cool with out the act normally part. Just auto regroup and the 3"..." We have discussed in our FLGC about the vehicles in CC and what you said above is EXACTLY how it should be in the 6th edition and how we should play them.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

swooping hawkz that cant swoop ??? [and in a brand new codex as well]
    overwatch ability / firepower the same for all elite terminators and orcz boyz mobs ???
    [nb: i play orcz so not complaining ! .... but its certainly broken!]
    [imo;cure is to make only the nearest five figures fire overwatch... ]
    and previous poster spot on with vehicle assault rules... hull points is an interesting idea...
    but against vehicles that are moving over 6" ... not sure a 3+ to hit reflects well... the old rules were fine ! and i would say only figures in b/b with vehicle can attack !
    [also really dont understand why units cant consolidate after attacking a vehicle .... especially if they immobilise or destroy it ! ... are they frozen in time ??]

Battle-Brother

Having a 2+ armour/cover/invul save model in front all the other 20+ models in his unit, yet somehow all the bullets magnetically go to him first.... lame. Suspension of disbelief, destroyed.

Scout

1:Just Space marines

2:Blood Angels

3:...And uhm Space marines.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast