BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by confoo22 View Post
    You should be able to assault when walking on from reserves. I can understand not being able to when you deep strike since you might be disoriented or de-harnessing yourself or whatever, but if you walk on I don't understand why you wouldn't able to assault.
    Well... I think this would be a start for certain units/armies.

I have no clue why I should even bring a unit of Bloodletters in a daemon army (oh wait; I know... to man a Quad gun). If I deepstrike them and they stand there waiting for a turn they're not going to do a lot. And walking them over from my deploymentzone isn't helping a lot either.

Granted, a unit of powersword wielding models for about half what a full marine squad costs that will most likely chop up a full squad in 1 go sounds a bit OP I guess. But right now a unit like that doesn't do a lot at all.

And yes, that's Assaulting from Deep strike...

Similarly Genestealers from reserve... an outflanking specialized CC unit does what? Most likely die, cause it can't assault. Outflanking stuff like that should be fast and dangerous. I thought that was the general idea.

Coming from reserve now feels more like the only ones actually having a benefit are the ones with at least a 3+ save, just in order to prevent them from not getting shot up before they do a thing.

Been playing since Rogue Trader so I am an old coot so that may color my opinions. Here we go:

Allies. Learn to play your army before you add something you think may improve it. All it does is make that army play like a lot of others. Soooooo tired of seeing Space Wolf Librarians or Eldar Farseers in armies. I truly am.

Force Org. Stop the 1999+1 Insanity Tournament organizers! Say only one force org or make it 1999!!!

Grenades. oh I long for the days when I had a 2 inch blast template for frag grenades.

Ok. There are mine.

Librarian

1. the absolute ruining of assault. yes please we needed to tone down assault so much so that no one even wants to do it... prime example is on bols tau vs flying circus... when do any of those daemons assault? answer never they sit there shooting spells... that was honestly painful to watch.. seriously assault is so dead in this edition its like beating a dead horse.

2. tanks.. seriously i understand they needed to be changed and toned down but really you made them like a mewing kitten... their not scary anymore. the hull point system is a great concept yet you made it so that glances are an auto hull point? how it didn't pen the Armour it bounced off that not a hull point... that's scratching the paint. then the rules to tank shooting seriously you brought in fortifications my tanks are not pill boxes their not bunkers their main line battle tanks.. move 6 fire everything.... fixes so much

3.shooting.... seriously we all love to roll dice i understand that but did you have to make an entire edition based on line up and shoot? i thought that was most 4th ed missions... i don't want to sit there and play gun line after gun line. its like playing the same army the same play style in every codex. it gets ridiculously boring. super fast. make shooting and assault balanced where is the drawbacks? okay mission wise that's supposed to be fixed? except when your opponent brings enough firepower that all he has to do is hunker down on his single objective because he's gunned down everything else you had. seriously a balanced army should be good and bad at things not. looking at you tau.. shot shot and shot... your weakness is assault but oh wait every special rule you have is set up to mitigate assault... so basically weakness null en void... WTF

Brother-Sergeant

1. ATSKNF. As someone else said earlier, if it was only the auto-regroup I would be happy. But the whole acting normally thing afterwards, not to mention the immunity to Sweeping Advance, is more ****ed up than a football bat hitting a golf puck through a tennis hoop.

2. Being unable to assault the turn you come in from reserve. This is fine with Deep Strikers. But if someone is literally walking on from a table edge (or a webway portal - my personal beef), then they should have no problem engaging in CQC.

3. The lack of 0-1 restrictions. Three Riptides/Wraithknights/Heldrakes/misc. OP bull**** in one army is just stupid. Save it for Apoc.

4. Ld8 Warlocks. If you're requiring them to take psychic tests, a little Ld boost would be logical, given that they're, you know, Eldar.

5. Overly beneficial Ally options. Tau w/ Eldar springs to mind, but there are definitely others.

Brother-Sergeant
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Only one really:

The fact that I have to mortgage my firstborn to afford a halfway decent sized army.

Chapter-Master

Scion of Terra, if GW writes such imbalanced rules as Heldrakes in the first place, what makes you think that they'd be capable of determining which units deserve a 0-1 limit anyways? Besides, multiple Riptides/Wraithknights are not what make Tau/Eldar cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon View Post
    Yes HD is a bit over and yes DAs Flyers a bit under but the Storm Raven is a bit underpriced, because:

12 allaround - a flying fortess
    shooty as hell(drake) on two targets (i see them usually with assault cannons and multimelta) and can reach almost every unit it wants
    can shoot a lot, even if jinked, thanks to twinlinked weapons
    can bear a lot of assault-nastyness in it belly
    It's also about as expensive as a Land Raider. You pretty much get one, and only one, and there is enough Skyfire in the game to deal with one AV12 Flyer, and Flyer movement is restricting enough that you can mitigate and ignore one Storm Raven. A Heldrake it is not.

Flyers also make pretty poor assault transports. The Raven is a gunship. You fly around and shoot stuff. Dropping into Hover mode in order to deliver an assault unit is a great way of getting your very expensive gunship killed prematurely. And since a crashing flyer hits the embarked unit with a bunch of Str 9 Ap 2 wounds, you don't want an expensive assault unit sitting around wasting time inside of it, because your opponent will kill it and the unit inside.

Storm Ravens are very good, yes, but they're not game-breaking like multiple Heldrakes or Vendetta spam can potentially be.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 08-19-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

1: give the heldrake a baleflamer in front and in back then give them the 180° arc and let them shoot both, oh and make them ap 2.
    2: Slaanesh need higher initiative, Nurgle more toughness and Tzeentch higher leadership, say 11.
    3: rhinos should carry 20 marines and 35 cultists.
    4: I should try my hand at trolling for no reason HAHA.

srsly though.
    The quad gun should need to be behind the aegis but not connected to it.
    Psykers pick their own abilities.
    GW needs to make every single thing in their universe period end of story, so tired of counts as proxy imagine this as oh and by the way crap. Some people don't like kit bash conversion they want all the weapon options, all the models and to play accurately.

Iron Father

1. The knob head who regurgitates every minutiae of the rules to his or hers advantage during their turn and to your disadvantage during yours.

That is all.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I think over watch should only happen on a passed initiative test/moral test or have some kind of role to determine the soldiers are able to react in time or something, jesus

Librarian

I just don't like "excessive" arbitrary codex-based exceptions to normal rules. By excessive exceptions I mean any garbage that bends normal game play beyond what a reasonable observer would judge to be normal. For example: the Serpent Shield. A 110-pound Demolisher shell packing high explosive charge traveling 1200 feet per second crashes into a Wave Serpent. Destruction ensues? Nope, the magical energy field turns that into a paint chip. That is just one example, I am not picking on the Eldar, every army has some such annoying nonsense (the Heldrake's multiple shenanigans is another that comes to mind). Locke, Montesquieu, Voltaire, etc. argued that it was not authority or rules that angered a citizenry, but rather arbitrary authority that runs counter to human nature. Yes, you want each army to have some special abilities, but it is the excessive number of seemingly arbitrary rules that pop up in every new codex that leaves me beating my head on the wall. With so many exceptions, what becomes normal? The game looses consistency. It comes apart.

A more balanced rule that I just do not personally care for is eternal warrior. I get its purpose, but it is still a mega immersion breaker for me. I run Chaos Space Marines, but I like the idea that if Abadabbadoo takes a Tau Railgun shot to the face, his head should explode into a greenish-reddish mist and stick-a-fork-in-him-he's-done no matter how many wounds he has left on his profile.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast