BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

1. Challenges. They have no place in 40k. This is not fantasy. If you want challenges play tracking fantasy.
    2. Hull Points. Worst rule ever! Makes vehicles WAY too vulnerable. Especially walkers. Too slow and not enough armor.
    3. Fliers. Ive played every version of 40k and never seen a rule (s) that break a game like fliers and flying monstrous creatures.
    As I said ive played 40k since before it was 40k and have owned every army ever made for the game. This is the first edition that might drive me from the game. Its not any fun anymore.

Monstrous Creatures. I don't like how my Leman Russ can get taken out with one Lascannon shot, whereas, it takes at least 3 to get rid of a Carnifex or other MC. There's also the fact that they fight at full capacity even when on one wound left, I think that Vehicles shouldn't be destroyed until they've lost their final hull point.
    Another thing that bugs me is the fact that a Leman Russ has the same amount of Hull Points as a Predator or Chimera. I think it should have 4, and Land Raiders 5.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    2. Hull Points. Worst rule ever! Makes vehicles WAY too vulnerable. Especially walkers. Too slow and not enough armor.
    Wrong. Hull Points literally singlehandedly fixed almost everything that was wrong with 5th edition. Unfortunately, GW went and did this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    3. Fliers. Ive played every version of 40k and never seen a rule (s) that break a game like fliers and flying monstrous creatures.
    Yeah... GW just can't get ahead.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

[QUOTE=Scion_of_Terra;339502]
    "4. Ld8 Warlocks. If you're requiring them to take psychic tests, a little Ld boost would be logical, given that they're, you know, Eldar."

this !

and eldar exarch's being ld 9 !!! the same as their unit... not much leadership there!

2 - Snap firing Tesla. Really you got a hit and now it's 3 hits Ok during normal shooting, but on over watch it really hurts.
    Yeah as a Necron player Ive always felt it should have just given an extra hit.

Chapter-Master

Funny fact, snap firing twin linked Tesla is better (albeit only slightly) than firing it normally, because the extra misses net you more 6's. There's something wrong with that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's also about as expensive as a Land Raider. You pretty much get one, and only one, and there is enough Skyfire in the game to deal with one AV12 Flyer, and Flyer movement is restricting enough that you can mitigate and ignore one Storm Raven. A Heldrake it is not.

Flyers also make pretty poor assault transports. The Raven is a gunship. You fly around and shoot stuff. Dropping into Hover mode in order to deliver an assault unit is a great way of getting your very expensive gunship killed prematurely. And since a crashing flyer hits the embarked unit with a bunch of Str 9 Ap 2 wounds, you don't want an expensive assault unit sitting around wasting time inside of it, because your opponent will kill it and the unit inside.

Storm Ravens are very good, yes, but they're not game-breaking like multiple Heldrakes or Vendetta spam can potentially be.
    Spamming those things is breaking enough. Heard of a BA List with 3 of this a guy who makes his own FnP on 2+, a bloody sorcerer with stats like a MC and an allied guy with hammer n shild n eternal warrior ... and few scouts or somthing. Enough to tear down a csm army without big fear of a drake or two (those ravens a execellent in AA).

The drake can be easyly fixed, just make the weapon 180 degree. On drake is no breaker.

Spamming is always not fine (in my opinion), spamming best/broken units is annoying.

But afar from this I would like to say:

Hullpoints are fine. But - as mentioned here earlyer - how they work isn´t. Give us a glancing table, somthing like this:

1 - nothing - ohoh
    2 - 3 - shaken
    4 - 5 - stunned
    6 - weapon destroy / if it has no weapon left then immo an loose a HP (only here)

results:

no dead-glancing on vehicels with low armour
    heavy armourd vehicels are stronger but you can temporary make them less dangerous
    extra armour makes sense - again
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Brother-Sergeant

1. Matt Ward writing codices/rules. Bring back Andy Chambers, Gav Thorpe, Rick Priestley,..... all is forgiven.........
    2. Fliers. What was GW thinking!!! what a load of @#$%. I know how this started out: Matt Ward thinking ....'How do I really unbalance this game.........Fliers"........... oh cr#p, this is really not good, majorglobal fall out, lets introduce AA............
    3. Challenges.... WTF! If I wanted this, i would have played Fantasy......
    4. Necron Codex........lets really unbalance this game............

The thing I dislike most is people who reflexively blame Mat Ward for everything.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Sergeant

LOL, good one........

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast