BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Doesn't the Colossus fill the Ignores Cover artillery role already but at S6 AP3?
    The Colossus doesn't have a model, not even a Forge World one like the Medusa does or an old metal one like the Griffon. It's the one model from Codex Imperial Guard that hasn't been made at any point. I wouldn't count on it making it through to Codex Astra Militarum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
    S4 with a reroll to wound and ignoring aegis lines isnt enough? Seriously?

For 65pts, 195 for a unit of 3? For six large blasts?
    They're small blasts, not large blasts. And a lot of opponents will still get their base Armor Save against it, so ignoring cover isn't quite as impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The Colossus doesn't have a model, not even a Forge World one like the Medusa does or an old metal one like the Griffon. It's the one model from Codex Imperial Guard that hasn't been made at any point. I wouldn't count on it making it through to Codex Astra Militarum.

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Imperial_Guard_Tanks/IMPERIAL-BOMBARD.html"]You sure?[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Imperial_Guard_Tanks/IMPERIAL-BOMBARD.html"]You sure?[/URL]
    Yes, because that's not a Colossus, it's a Bombard; If you look in the current IG codex, the Colossus is built on a Chimera hull, while the Bombard is on a Leman Russ hull.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

[LI[/LIST]
    Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Yes, because that's not a Colossus, it's a Bombard; If you look in the current IG codex, the Colossus is built on a Chimera hull, while the Bombard is on a Leman Russ hull.
    Except that Forgeworld have updated the rules for the Bombard and renamed it the Collosus Bombard, which does the same thing as th Colossus. The only aesthetic difference is the Leman Russ tracks which doesn't really make a difference. If you look at the picture in the current guard codex, the Collosus is the same actual tank, just with chimera tracks, apart from that it's the same.

Rumors did only say its a blast, not large blast

Where did they change this? Because the Bombard is still listed separately in the 6th edition update.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Veteran-Sergeant

The Colossus, in all it's glory... *ahem*...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epic-squats-colossus.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8057

In all seriousness, Imperial Armour Volume 1 - Second Edition - page 161
    Last edited by FireHazard; 03-30-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Huh. I don't have the new IA I, so is it just the Colossus from Codex: IG renamed, or does it still throw the huge blast like the old Bombard?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Huh. I don't have the new IA I, so is it just the Colossus from Codex: IG renamed, or does it still throw the huge blast like the old Bombard?
    It's exactly the same as in Codex IG
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast