BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Astra Militarum Week 3 Releases

[URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/"]via La Taberna De Laurana[/URL]
    OGRYN/BULLGRYN: Plastic set, 3 Ogryns, or a new unit called Bullgryns, which is equipped with a grenade launcher or melee weapons and a shield. Bits included to make Nork Deddog
    €37

COMMISSAR OFFICIO PREFECTUS: Clampack plastic mini - the new Commisar doing the rounds in all the White Dwarf images.
    €16.5

CADIAN DEFENCE FORCE: New Battalion Box.
    2 Cadian Shock troops
    1 Cadian Command Squad
    3 Cadian Heavy Weapon Teams
    1 Chimera
    1 Leman Russ
    €135 (20% discount for the bundle)

HAMMER OF CADIA: A Heavy Support boxed set.
    3 Leman Russ
    3 Hellhounds
    1 Baneblade
    €260 (25% discount for the bundle)
    ~Hmm, Continuing the pattern we've seen with Tyranids, more bundles of old kits outside of the standard Battalion Boxes sets.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Bullgryns
    Saw in myself in the latest WD. Such a ****ing joke, 60p a model to make them remotely useful. Even if they had the brute shield at 45p, it would still be a medioker unit. And power mauls when you got I2, seems more like a cruel gag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    60 points a piece for a 4+ Save, 5+ Invulnerable, and AP 4 attack?!? Yeah, I think I'm going to leave them on the shelf at the store.
    3 T5 wounds!!!!

Indeed. Bullgryns seem pretty tough, especially as they boost cover for those behind them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by epicwargamer View Post
    3 T5 wounds!!!!
    Indeed. They're better than Chaos Spawn or grotesques in that regard. It all depends on the size squad you can take of them. If you can take them in squads of 10, then watch out.... thats a unit to be reckon'd with.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

3+ save kept in btb.....

- - - Updated - - -

AND.....Ogryn riot squad!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    3+ save kept in btb.....

- - - Updated - - -

AND.....Ogryn riot squad!
    Pretty keen on this as it will definitely make model placement much more important -- take a squad of 7 or so ogryn, upgrade three to bullgryn and form a wedge with the point your bullgryn. Thats 9 T5 wounds with a 3+ save you have to go through.

Pretty tough if you ask me. Certainly my Dire Avenger squad is NOT looking forward to trying to shoot that unit down.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I don't think anyone is!

Plus, with Hammer of Wrath they're going to be horrible on the charge. They'll of course struggle against heavy HTH units, but up to an including Striking Scorpions and Howling Banshees are going to have a really, really bad time of it, even as I suspect the shield bonus doesn't apply to a punch up.

Upgrade them to the Power Mauls, and lots of stuff is going to be very scared. AP4 might not be all that and a bag of potato chips, but the Concussive is really nasty.

Have two units, the ones with Slabshields in front, then the Power Mauls behind.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

About the bundles: Are we going to see new hellhounds & Leman Russes if GW is (as rumoured) going to be selling them with 20+% discount?

Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast