BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

via Warseer's StrykerSniper 11-8-2013

I did have a tiny look behind the iron curtain of GWs privacy policies, and I was able to see some mockups of the new veterans/stormtrooper boxed set, and it would be an amazing kit to build warbands or stormtrooper squads. Also I saw a model that appeared to be an Inquisitor, and was wearing a long cloak and armor. I could see GW allowing stormtroopers as a troop choice to induce additional sales of the new kit, which, frankly, floored me. The details were great, with kasrkin style armor, and all sorts of weapons including hellguns, sniper rifles, special weapons, a cool missile launcher, a bunch of sergeant options, bolters, and lots of shotguns that managed to not look like scout shotguns. Also, the bolters did not look like marine shotuns, they were a little more human sized. Some of the poses were also amazingly dynamic. Some were stoic standing poses, while a couple were very John Woo! There were also a lot of extra bits, poches, packs, grenades, knives, some scanner like equipment, and what appeared to be night vision goggles. If i were a puppy, I would've piddled onm the rug, and it was a supreme act of will not to grab the models and run for the door. Apparently, they have also been ready for some time. Please dear God, let these see the light of my hobby store soon and I will have at least 5 boxes! This might even revitalize my Guard army.

Oh, and there were a bunch of heads! respirator heads, heads with berets, bald heads, heads with mohawks and crew cuts. Most were scarred, and one had an eyepatch, while another had a disfigured eye with what looked like claw marks, one head was smoking a stogie, and there were two heads with berets. There was even a knife that looked like a trench knife with raised knuckle dusters. There were scopes, a hand radio, and a bunch of bits for the bases including plants, a snake, and some ammo cans and satchel charges. There was even a hand holding an entrenching tool (shovel to you non-military types). There were a few holstered pistols, and as a delightful surprise, there were also autoguns in addition to lasguns, and there were bits for pistol and close combat weapon troops, although few were chainblades. There was a demo charge, melta bombs, and camo cloaks. I was very, very impressed. The attention to detail was phenomenal.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

As long as I can get my hands on berets-wearing stormtroopers finally without pay enormous prices on Ebay for them, I will be happy.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

I so hope that is true, been waiting many years for plastic storm troopers
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Less than convinced.

Peep behind the Iron Curtain? I doubt it. Been to GW HQ many, many times, including on their management course. Chances of actually getting into the studio without actually being studio staff? Pretty. Much. Nil.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Makes sense. Spare heads is one of the main things people use bit sellers and 3rd parties for, so providing variants on sprue cuts them out.

I dunno man. One of the main weaknesses of the bitz seller is that the buyer generally has the main kit already.

Thus, GW still get their sale, and there's no real need to cut anyone else out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Less than convinced.

Peep behind the Iron Curtain? I doubt it. Been to GW HQ many, many times, including on their management course. Chances of actually getting into the studio without actually being studio staff? Pretty. Much. Nil.
    Unless the guy that is making these rumors/leaks is in fact a member of the staff and simply reports information as if he is an outsider receiving insider information -- kind of a disinformation tactic: pretend that the leak is being made through a second party, when in fact its a direct leak.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Unless the guy that is making these rumors/leaks is in fact a member of the staff and simply reports information as if he is an outsider receiving insider information -- kind of a disinformation tactic: pretend that the leak is being made through a second party, when in fact its a direct leak.
    Gadzooks! It is a conspiracy. I blame the lizardmen, wait they do a range of lizard men! argh!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Honestly? I don't know the guy's pedigree, so genuine apologies if that might change this, but it's far, far more likely he's simply making it up.

It's not just a matter of GW supplying variant heads in the plastic kits to cut out bitz sellers- if the kit makes ten models and there are only five of each variant head, then someone out there is in business.

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast