BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Lets talk terminators killers Ogryn. Love the guys. Their points need to br adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I'd be happy if they re-released the old barret wearing stormtroopers.
    With a new special rule, "Barret Barrage".

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Similar pricing is not going to happen. GW has raised prices on all-new kits by at least 50% compared to older kits of similar content. Look at the Wraithknight vs Dreadknight. Or HE Shadow Warriors. The next-gen Guard are going to be dramatically more expensive that what we've paid to date.
    New tactical squad? Plus, considering how much pricing went up with the release of the previous codex, they can only raise prices so far ...

Looking at all the talk of people wanting one of the classic armies to come back, like Mordians or Praetorians, I have to disagree. If Games Workshop really does produce a new line of Imperial Guard I would prefer to see something more sci-fi. I don't really like the historic analogue thing the Imperial Guard have going on. I think that there are all sorts of gothic and grim-dark-far-future-esque things that the design team could come up with instead of rehashing a concept they came up with in the early 90's.

Besides that, the aesthetic of almost every guard regiment bothers me:

Catachans are commandos running around death worlds without shirts (seriously, put a shirt on).
    Cadians have these weird helmets that remind me of the old leather helmets from American football in the early 20th century.
    Mordians look like they're running around in dress uniforms.
    The list of complaints goes on.

I'm willing to admit that I might be a minority, but I really have no nostalgia concerning Imperial Guard.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by darthslowe View Post
    Looking at all the talk of people wanting one of the classic armies to come back, like Mordians or Praetorians, I have to disagree. If Games Workshop really does produce a new line of Imperial Guard I would prefer to see something more sci-fi. I don't really like the historic analogue thing the Imperial Guard have going on. I think that there are all sorts of gothic and grim-dark-far-future-esque things that the design team could come up with instead of rehashing a concept they came up with in the early 90's.

Besides that, the aesthetic of almost every guard regiment bothers me:

Catachans are commandos running around death worlds without shirts (seriously, put a shirt on).
    Cadians have these weird helmets that remind me of the old leather helmets from American football in the early 20th century.
    Mordians look like they're running around in dress uniforms.
    The list of complaints goes on.

I'm willing to admit that I might be a minority, but I really have no nostalgia concerning Imperial Guard.

Is there something smaller than "minority" to describe the (I'll be generous and say) section your in for that opinion?

You have to remember the background of the Imperium of Man. The Imperial Guard is drawn from every known, settled world. You literally can have armored mounted knights riding into battle with a wheel lock pistol alongside a chimera transport filled with gene-augmented hive-worlders bearing the most deadly and advanced weaponry known to the IoM. I personally love the variations of the Cadians, Mordians, and Catachans. However, maybe you are right and we will see something like Adeptus Mechanicus Tech Guard -- sci-fi looking peeps that can "count as" regular IG.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I love the old models, my IG army has old school cadians, valhallans, Steel Legion, Tallarns, Praetorians, and Mordians. They are just amazing models, they should get rid of those horrible Vostryan First Born, I hate those models, and bring one of the old school models just revamped, which IMO should be the Tallarns.

GW need a hydra kit which I think is most likely to be made for the rerelease!

Quote Originally Posted by nathaneal246 View Post
    I love the old models, my IG army has old school cadians, valhallans, Steel Legion, Tallarns, Praetorians, and Mordians. They are just amazing models, they should get rid of those horrible Vostryan First Born, I hate those models, and bring one of the old school models just revamped, which IMO should be the Tallarns.

GW need a hydra kit which I think is most likely to be made for the rerelease!
    Vostroyans are my favorite of any of the metal guard ranges.

Brother-Sergeant

+1
    'What he said.....'

I kinda like the Vostroyan Firstborns. I'd never get any cause metal guard are for people much wealthier than I, but the whole archaic mixed with high tech and healthy dose of Czarist Russia thing makes them very characterful.

That said, I think Tallarns are the way to go for a new plastic guard unit. They'd look pretty awesome revamped, and are unique enough from all current models to introduce a whole new wealth of options for converters. For Mechanicus Tech Guard there are Forge World models, not to mention converting cultists (both FW and GW) or DKoK. The "look" of being robed/gas-masked and techy is already out there, all it takes is a little conversion work. Desert/Arab themed turban wearing guardsmen, not so much. Valhallans are too close to Cadians with overcoats for my taste, and I was never a big fan of the Mordians. Plus, both those units could once again be converted with FW parts (The greatcoat bits or DKoK bodies with Cadian heads for Valhallans, and the peaked officer's cap heads for Mordians). Steel Legion would make sense from a marketing standpoint, but I kind of hope not, since they're so close to DKoK.
    Last edited by madlants; 09-21-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Battle-Brother

I like all of them including the Vostroyans. I also remember Tallarns being pulled from the range for a while after 9/11. And is it just me or does the model for Captain Al-rahem look like Yasser Arafat?

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast