BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    Aren't Steel Legion all wearing helmets? Tallarn have shoulder pads and potentially could be wearing some sort of thing under the turban.. Mordians and Catachans are the only normal infantry that don't seem to be wearing armor oh.. and pith head guys.. arg.. can't remember their names..
    That's who I was referring to from The other post. And the guys in the pith helmets are the Praetorians.

In one of the old books, maybe the Codex Imperialis or the Wargear manual from 2nd, it gave a pretty good explanation for the variation. Basically, flak was meant to protect from frag grenades and other light weapons, and carapace was meant for more protection. Flak was flexible, and carapace had stiff plating of some kind. The main part was that these designations referred more to the style or protection offered, but the appearance was dependent on where the armor was made. Carapace from high-tech worlds had layers of themo-plas or ceramite over mesh, whereas from a feudal world it might resemble a suit of knight's armor with thick metal plates.

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    In one of the old books, maybe the Codex Imperialis or the Wargear manual from 2nd, it gave a pretty good explanation for the variation. Basically, flak was meant to protect from frag grenades and other light weapons, and carapace was meant for more protection. Flak was flexible, and carapace had stiff plating of some kind. The main part was that these designations referred more to the style or protection offered, but the appearance was dependent on where the armor was made. Carapace from high-tech worlds had layers of themo-plas or ceramite over mesh, whereas from a feudal world it might resemble a suit of knight's armor with thick metal plates.
    3rd edition rulebook had something like that as well.. Not that it's uber important but I have all of the old books if anyone is interested in hearing the quote..I could run it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    If its what im thinking of, less distinct tank in panel 1 behind the russ, it looks more like a malcador to me
    They're both Chimera. Trick of perspective makes them look differen sizes.

Mid ground is driving forwards, with turret to starboard.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    That's who I was referring to from The other post. And the guys in the pith helmets are the Praetorians.
    Well, they used to be. From now on, they are definitely the Pith Head Guys.
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Add to that this:

Attachment 7864
    That's power armor.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    That's power armor.
    and the Crusaders were in flak armour too, but it doesn't really matter for them, cos they have a storm shield which over rides the armour save in almost all cases.

Has anyone considered the possibility that what we've seen so far is in fact a brand new army and not IG?
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Has anyone considered the possibility that what we've seen so far is in fact a brand new army and not IG?
    On that same note, anyone else notice that the camo scheme is totally new. I can't think of any current IG regiment that paints their tanks in a 2 tone blue camo. If I remember correctly the Bullygruns, or whatever the heck they are called, had similar colors on their shields. I wonder if GW is going to introduce a new regiment, or they are using the colors to make a distinction between human regiments (Cadian, Catachan, etc...) and ab-human auxiliaries.

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    On that same line, has anyone else noticed that this vehicle is painted up strangely? What guard regiment paints their vehicles in a two tone blue camo scheme? I wonder if this is the first sign of a new Guard regiment to be release with the book, or if GW is using different color schemes to differentiate between human regiments and ab-human auxiliaries.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast