BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

hmmmm any ideas [URL=http://s341.photobucket.com/user/kommy33/media/a868a28e0bd8808efa4aa96a1a20218a_zps8620fd7e.jpg.h tml][/URL]

First-Captain

Where did you get the picture?

It looks awesome. I hope it's real.

Hmm. Conflicting things here...

1. It appears to be resin, and thus one would assume Finecast. Finecast is apparently being ditched, and others claim to have seen sprues of plastic Stormtroopers

2. Sargents can't currently have power fists. From memory, I don't think Stormtroopers have ever had access to Powerfists (this is largely by the by. New book, literally new rules)

3. Backpack matches present Kasrkin.

I'm wondering if perhaps this was a limited run model, never formally released. Though that in itself wouldn't explain the resin. Could be a recast of a rare model, but that seems less likely, as any collector of rare GW models would know they didn't come in resin at that time.

Could also be a complex conversion, latterly cast up by the maker?

Perplexing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Hmm, well that's a great first post.

Certainly does look resin, and yet the slotta base and foot tab suggest it was originally a metal model (although not necessarily).

I don't think it's a conversion, the boots and front groin plate are ever so slightly different to the current Kasrkin (boots are better sculpted and groin plate is a tiny bit smaller), so I would say it was a new sculpt.

My best bet would be to assume it's a practice sculpt which new figure designers do and are sometimes shown at games day although I've never seen this one before.

Does look like a GW model though, and I love that powerfist.

My uneducated guess would be that it could be a mock up/prototype as the head, chest plate, belt and grenade look resin, but the rest Appears to be plastic. Though if it is a troll it is a very very pretty one and I want it :-)

Some got sent to kommys photobucket account when I clicked, lots of nice tanks

Most likely explanation is that is one of the trainee sculpts we see from time to time.

i found it on pinterest of all places while searching for a pic to make a custom xmas card

and yes I WANT IT ASWELL!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kommissar1974; 11-20-2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by kommissar1974 View Post
    i found it on pinterest of all places while searching for a pic to make a custom xmas card

and yes I WANT IT ASWELL!!!!!!!
    Looks like it been converted a little bit. I would like to see it closen up since part of it looks like some tau armour.

Anyway I have to look, but I know platoon sargents can't take one for sure. I can't recall if a platoon commander or a veteran can take one or not.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Looks like it been converted a little bit. I would like to see it closen up since part of it looks like some tau armour.

Anyway I have to look, but I know platoon sargents can't take one for sure. I can't recall if a platoon commander or a veteran can take one or not.
    Veteran Sergeants and Platoon Commanders can indeed take power fists. But, no, Stormtrooper Sergeants and Regular Infantry Squad Sergeants cannot take a PF. They can take power weapons though (which means a power axe).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast