BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I think it sounds too good to be true personally - but I'd LIKE it to be true. I dislike cadians and catachans immensely but I like practically all of the other regiments, so one like Steel Legion in plastic would be great to see. Would also be cool to see Stormtroopers - they are a long time coming...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    the Mole (cool transport, but to transport a normal squad we already have the Valk and Chimaera).
    i think that a termite (one squad variant of the mole) is a real possibility. forge world do sent make one, its pulledfrom the history of 40k and it could use basically the same rules as a drop pod. as for valk and chimera, space marines have drop pods rhinos and storm ravens and they all are used for different purposes why would guard be different.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I cqll bull**** on the Baneblade and superheavies in the codex.
    If the Grey Knights, Eldar and Tau can all have Knight Titan-esque units and the Tyranids get small bio-Titans in their Codex, why can't the Guard get Baneblade-class Tanks?

How else will GW get Guard players to buy the mega kits?
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Chapter-Master

nah, those are huge. If anything, they'll get a Knight Titan if they want a competing walker.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    New vehicle from Epic?

Steel Legion getting 3 kits

What variants on the Baneblade are left?

Thunderer/Destroyer?
    Stormhammer tank is from Epic.

Plastic ASL isn't that far-fetched. It's a plastic army that people have wanted for a while. Unlike Catachans.

Stormhammer superheavy tank is like a Baneblade, but shorter-ranged. Well-suited to regular 40k play.

Thunderer / Destroyer are wishlisting, I think.

Plastic Stormtroopers are well overdue.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    nah, those are huge. If anything, they'll get a Knight Titan if they want a competing walker.
    Spaz Marinz didn't get a huge walker, and Guard are Tanks, not robots.

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    If the Grey Knights, Eldar and Tau can all have Knight Titan-esque units and the Tyranids get small bio-Titans in their Codex, why can't the Guard get Baneblade-class Tanks?

How else will GW get Guard players to buy the mega kits?
    the problem with the baneblade in codex is that they just published new rules for it with a bunch of apocalypse only ability (super heavy vehicle, apocalypse blast, primary weapon, etc.)while a super heavy scaled down to apocalypse is doable thay have chosen to put the baneblade outside the range 40k can handle. a smaller super-heavy like a malcador could be made to work. however GW dose not seam do be moving in this direction.

If I were wishlisting giant tanks for the IG, I'd want a[URL="http://www.solegends.com/citcat94/cat1994095-01.htm"] Leviathan Kit[/URL].

Well, if it's okay to put wishlist requests on this thread I would ask for a character model that let's you take Stormtrooper squads as Troops choices for variety. Also, a character that gives the IG a level 2 Psyker option would be nice. And since we are indulging whims here how about Penal Legion list where Schafer and his entire Last Chancers squad counts as an HQ slot. Finally, give the IG bikes instead of those rough riders. I won't play those models just because of how bad they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Kenaris View Post
    Well, if it's okay to put wishlist requests on this thread I would ask for a character model that let's you take Stormtrooper squads as Troops choices for variety. Also, a character that gives the IG a level 2 Psyker option would be nice. And since we are indulging whims here how about Penal Legion list where Schafer and his entire Last Chancers squad counts as an HQ slot. Finally, give the IG bikes instead of those rough riders. I won't play those models just because of how bad they look.
    I've converted up my own Rough Riders, 2x Box of Empire pistoliers + 1 Box of 10 Cadians + Big Bitz Box = 10 Rough Riders.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5427.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	4680
    This is my second unit that I converted, with a Cadian version of Mogul Kamir (called, Louis Nolan)

In regard to the rumours, I would love to see Plastic Valhallans and Mordians (as well as the Steel Legion). Re-cut Catachans, that can also be modelled as Tanith First and Only.

I think that the Macharius and Malcador tanks should be heavy tanks with 6HP, but they can fire Ordnance and not snap-fire their other weapons.

Finally, 4HP on the Leman Russ.

I don't think that anything rumour wise that's coming out now can be seen as accurate at all, when we are at least 4-5 months from the release.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast