BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

It's unfortunate that the Catachans aren't going away.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Kenaris View Post
    Finally, give the IG bikes instead of those rough riders. I won't play those models just because of how bad they look.
    Agree, really not a fan of rough riders, ogryn, or ratlings being in IG. Bikes would be awesome. There was a brief period that I fielded ratlings but always used regular human IG sniper models but with the ratling profile. Haven't done that in years though.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant View Post
    It's unfortunate that the Catachans aren't going away.
    Who cares? I like the cadian kits more which is why I own them. Some people prefer catachans though, why force them to take only cadians? Would love to see them put out more choices. Trenchcoat with 2-3 head swaps, and the mordian bodies with 2-3 head swaps would be pretty cool. But it's unlikely since that'd be like 6 kits to design and produce to just give players more choices of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    Who cares? I like the cadian kits more which is why I own them. Some people prefer catachans though, why force them to take only cadians? Would love to see them put out more choices. Trenchcoat with 2-3 head swaps, and the mordian bodies with 2-3 head swaps would be pretty cool. But it's unlikely since that'd be like 6 kits to design and produce to just give players more choices of the same thing.
    I think the big issue is that the Catachans have been so heavily supported and given so much facetime, but they're probably the least popular IG force (often sitting on the shelves for years), while other, much more interesting forces that people seem to have more interest in are limited to FW or are OOP metals.

I've been playing this game for many moons, and I've never actually seen someone buy a Catachan kit.

My only problem with them is that they are ugly, lol.

I figure that we'll never see a return to the multiple model lines like the old days. Multi-part plastics are just so much more complex, involved, and expensive to produce. Cadians aren't going away, so if there's going to be a secodary choice, it would be cool to see something different than the ugly Catachans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaktathi View Post
    I think the big issue is that the Catachans have been so heavily supported and given so much facetime, but they're probably the least popular IG force (often sitting on the shelves for years), while other, much more interesting forces that people seem to have more interest in are limited to FW or are OOP metals.

I've been playing this game for many moons, and I've never actually seen someone buy a Catachan kit.
    Catachans are just a casualty of being the first multi-part plastic IG troops. The models are quite old and therefore less detailed and more ridiculously proportioned than what we're used to today. I bet if they redid the line with their new CAD techniques, they'd look fantastic and sell like hotcakes. Have you ever met someone who claims to not like Predator?
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    Catachans are just a casualty of being the first multi-part plastic IG troops. The models are quite old and therefore less detailed and more ridiculously proportioned than what we're used to today. I bet if they redid the line with their new CAD techniques, they'd look fantastic and sell like hotcakes. Have you ever met someone who claims to not like Predator?
    Hrm, the new command squad kit they came out with in the last book didn't make them look much better. They feel very odd in the 40k atmosphere, having these super 1980's 'murican looking dudes amongst the European Gothic aura of the 40k universe.

They made more sense when there were six or so Guard regiments with very different visual styles, from the Eastern Front Red Army Valhallans to the desert nomad Tallarns, via the US-Marines-on-parade Mordians and so on. I miss old Guard regiments. Would be nice to have new ones.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Battle-Brother

At least there are several companies making alternate heads and such. As long as we can by bitz, there won't be a problem in customizing your IG. Oh, wait...
    Avon Lady and Mary Kay are Rouge Traders, R-O-U-G-E, unless you're playing a game about selling cosmetics out of a pink Cadillac, spell it R-O-G-U-E.

I actually notice that the old regiment sets are again available on the GW website. That's weird. They'd been gone for a while, I swear...
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast