BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Kenaris View Post
    Well, if it's okay to put wishlist requests on this thread

I would ask for a character model that let's you take Stormtrooper squads as Troops choices for variety.

Also, a character that gives the IG a level 2 Psyker option would be nice.

And since we are indulging whims here how about Penal Legion list where Schafer and his entire Last Chancers squad counts as an HQ slot.

Finally, give the IG bikes instead of those rough riders. I won't play those models just because of how bad they look.
    In theory, this isn't wishlisting. However, the both sets of Guard rumors seem to have a lot of wishlisting built in...

Stormtroopers as Troops? Try Veterans in Carapace. Cheaper and better armed. Or Sisters of Battle. 8o

There are things Guard simply shouldn't be able to do well. If Guard can have halfway decent Psykers, that changes the army design. Let Guard suck at Psykers.

Penal Legions should be Troops. Like Cultists. Last Chancers should be a special Troops entry. Actually, tho, they're better represented as Veterans.

Rough riders are fine. I not only use the older Tallarn riders to match the mass of Tallarn infantry in my Guard army but they also ride Dark Elf Cold One raptor lizards. I suppose you could try the Lizardmen Komodo-style Cold Ones as an alternative.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

[QUOTE=GrauGeist;339923]In theory, this isn't wishlisting. However, the both sets of Guard rumors seem to have a lot of wishlisting built in...

Stormtroopers as Troops? Try Veterans in Carapace. Cheaper and better armed. Or Sisters of Battle. 8o

Stormtroopers can Deep Strike

There are things Guard simply shouldn't be able to do well. If Guard can have halfway decent Psykers, that changes the army design. Let Guard suck at Psykers.

A level 2 Psyker character would not break the Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    In theory, this isn't wishlisting. However, the both sets of Guard rumors seem to have a lot of wishlisting built in...

Penal Legions should be Troops. Like Cultists. Last Chancers should be a special Troops entry. Actually, tho, they're better represented as Veterans.

Rough riders are fine. I not only use the older Tallarn riders to match the mass of Tallarn infantry in my Guard army but they also ride Dark Elf Cold One raptor lizards. I suppose you could try the Lizardmen Komodo-style Cold Ones as an alternative.
    No need for Last Chancers as a special entry, just bring back Gaunt as a SC. Maybe a commissar Lord who can issue orders like a company commander and has a camo cloak and his cool power sword, but any vets must take the camo cloak doctrine. And Bring back Schaffer and Macharius as well. All three have models after all.

Letting Primaris psykers buy a level 2 for 25 points would match other codices, and would not be broken at all.

Rough Riders just need new models. And maybe replace their explosive lances with the power spear rules.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    No need for Last Chancers as a special entry, just bring back Gaunt as a SC. Maybe a commissar Lord who can issue orders like a company commander and has a camo cloak and his cool power sword, but any vets must take the camo cloak doctrine.

And Bring back Schaffer and Macharius as well. All three have models after all.

Letting Primaris psykers buy a level 2 for 25 points would match other codices, and would not be broken at all.

Rough Riders just need new models. And maybe replace their explosive lances with the power spear rules.
    Last Chancers are not Gaunt's Ghosts; Last Chancers are a "Dirty Dozen" / Expendables penal unit. They are 12 strong, armed with Missile Launcher & Heavy Bolter; Sniper Rifle, Meltagun & Demo Charge; Plasma Pistol & CCW. Basically, Veterans with an extra Heavy Weapon and Senior Officer.

Gaunt's Ghosts are Veterans in Cameoline. Very straightforward.

Level 2 for 40 points would be fairer. It shouldn't match, it should be strictly worse.

Rough Riders do need new plastics. If the Steel Legion bit is true, cyber steeds would be a possibility, per ASL fluff. For Apoc, I like the idea of Guardsmen riding some sort of Monstrous Carnosaur-sized thing.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Battle-Brother

Plastic Steel Legion are not too hard to believe. From a strictly business point of view GW would rake in the sales. Death Korps are some of Forgeworld's biggest sellers so having similar, yet different models being sold by GW would make them a ton of money while not compromising Death Korps sales. Lets just hope they will be priced the sames as the Cadians and Catachans if this is true.

It has been ages since GW's last global campaign. Maybe they'll be for a 4th Armageddon War???

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Last Chancers are not Gaunt's Ghosts; Last Chancers are a "Dirty Dozen" / Expendables penal unit. They are 12 strong, armed with Missile Launcher & Heavy Bolter; Sniper Rifle, Meltagun & Demo Charge; Plasma Pistol & CCW. Basically, Veterans with an extra Heavy Weapon and Senior Officer.

Gaunt's Ghosts are Veterans in Cameoline. Very straightforward.

Level 2 for 40 points would be fairer. It shouldn't match, it should be strictly worse.

Rough Riders do need new plastics. If the Steel Legion bit is true, cyber steeds would be a possibility, per ASL fluff. For Apoc, I like the idea of Guardsmen riding some sort of Monstrous Carnosaur-sized thing.
    The point about the Gaunt's Ghosts is more than giving Veterans Forward Sentries. I'd love to see the rules for Gaunt again, but the Tanith are basically normal Guardsmen with camo-cloaks - maybe 60 points/squad with the same upgrades and Camo-Cloaks as standard, 5 points extra for the smaller squads, and the option of Demo-Charges as a special weapon for the command squads.

the Last Chancers were 12 models, each with it's own rules, they only really changed in the previous codex, and that wasn't for the better.

If memory serves me correctly, Codex: Armageddon, and then the Doctrines in Codex: IG didn't allow Steel Legion to take Rough Riders, and the Cyber-Steeds is more a DKK Thing.

On another note, I'd prefer to see Valhallans, Tallarn, and/or Mordians with new Plastics than the Steel Legion, as the FW DKK tend to fill the role of Gasmask guardsmen already. (although I'd still be happy to see new Steel Legion plastics, any new Guard stuff I'd welcome, but I'd still grumble that "it's not as good as the old metals/current forgeworld models. grumble grumble."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Plastic Steel Legion are not too hard to believe. From a strictly business point of view GW would rake in the sales. Death Korps are some of Forgeworld's biggest sellers so having similar, yet different models being sold by GW would make them a ton of money while not compromising Death Korps sales. Lets just hope they will be priced the sames as the Cadians and Catachans if this is true.
    Similar pricing is not going to happen. GW has raised prices on all-new kits by at least 50% compared to older kits of similar content. Look at the Wraithknight vs Dreadknight. Or HE Shadow Warriors. The next-gen Guard are going to be dramatically more expensive that what we've paid to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian122 View Post
    The point about the Gaunt's Ghosts is more than giving Veterans Forward Sentries. I'd love to see the rules for Gaunt again, but the Tanith are basically normal Guardsmen with camo-cloaks - maybe 60 points/squad with the same upgrades and Camo-Cloaks as standard, 5 points extra for the smaller squads, and the option of Demo-Charges as a special weapon for the command squads.

the Last Chancers were 12 models, each with it's own rules, they only really changed in the previous codex, and that wasn't for the better.

If memory serves me correctly, Codex: Armageddon, and then the Doctrines in Codex: IG didn't allow Steel Legion to take Rough Riders, and the Cyber-Steeds is more a DKK Thing.

On another note, I'd prefer to see Valhallans, Tallarn, and/or Mordians with new Plastics than the Steel Legion, as the FW DKK tend to fill the role of Gasmask guardsmen already. (although I'd still be happy to see new Steel Legion plastics, any new Guard stuff I'd welcome, but I'd still grumble that "it's not as good as the old metals/current forgeworld models. grumble grumble."
    Sure, tho it's more complicated, and GW would likely charge $50 for the privilege. Versus being "close enough" with Veterans today. While I'm OK with "close enough", I wouldn't turn my nose up at Cameoline Platoons, even if the squads cost more and the armor save went away.

The old Chancers were too much, while 6E went too far the other direction. Let the player field a "Dirty Dozen" Veteran Squad with a 2nd Heavy, a mandatory 35-pt Commissar, and an mandatory Officer.

If memory serves, Armageddon raised multiple types of native Guard Regiments, including Steel Legion, PDF, Jungle Fighters, etc. I know there were Rough Riders on Armageddon, but thought they were native. No? It was a long time ago, so maybe I mis-remember.

I'd like modified Tallarn, because guys in cloaks / ponchos have a level of versatility that is otherwise lacking. Specifically, representing camo which plays differently. But proper greatcoat guard would be pretty amazing.

If they do Greatcoat Guard, I'd rather see Valhallans or Mordian-style troops. and if I want the gas mask/Steel Legion types, then I'll get the FW DKK

I hope some kind LMG type special weapon will be introduced, which would add some suppresive firepower to various infantry squads, not sure about stats yet, though.

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast