BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Don't suppose the source mentioned a page ref?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    The Arbites are a separate branch, not part of the Administratum.
    Blech, that raises questions on its own. Like are the scribes that work on Arbites files members of the Arbites or Administratum? Does the Arbites have its own contracts and resources? I don't remember any of this coming up in the rpg supplements, and that's a pity, because it's pretty ripe for a campaign.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Don't suppose the source mentioned a page ref?
    Page 9 artwork. Page 13 in the digital version.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    That's Flak armor. I think they make it huge to trick the Guardsmen into thinking it does something. Carapace armor covers a bit more of the model, like on the Kasrkin or the Storm Troopers.
    If you don't want to sculpt Carapace you could have just used Scout arms and/or legs with normal Cadian torsos/helmets.. Maybe not the cheapest though..

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Blech, that raises questions on its own. Like are the scribes that work on Arbites files members of the Arbites or Administratum? Does the Arbites have its own contracts and resources? I don't remember any of this coming up in the rpg supplements, and that's a pity, because it's pretty ripe for a campaign.
    No one ever claimed the Imperium was an efficient bureaucracy.

For all that I love Dark Heresy and the other RPGs, they've still never been good at detailing the ins and outs of actual imperial life.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Page 9 artwork. Page 13 in the digital version.
    If its what im thinking of, less distinct tank in panel 1 behind the russ, it looks more like a malcador to me

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    That's Flak armor. I think they make it huge to trick the Guardsmen into thinking it does something. Carapace armor covers a bit more of the model, like on the Kasrkin or the Storm Troopers.
    This is Flak Armor

This is Carapace Armor

There is a reason why the old saying "a t-shirt save" or "sweater save" was used when addressing the IG armor save throw.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I thought part of the reason "T-shirt save" was popular was the Catachans, or did they accidentally mix up their training manuals with "chainmail bikini" type lad's mags and decide less is more?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    No one ever claimed the Imperium was an efficient bureaucracy.

For all that I love Dark Heresy and the other RPGs, they've still never been good at detailing the ins and outs of actual imperial life.
    That's sort of the crux.. Any time an author goes about detailing these types of things, another author or supplement or whatever comes along after and invalidates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    This is Carapace Armor

There is a reason why the old saying "a t-shirt save" or "sweater save" was used when addressing the IG armor save throw.
    Uh.. no.. those are the old and new versions of the exact same model.
    These are examples of Carapace Armor

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast