BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

The results are overrated as well to be frank.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

The battle cry of the Imperial Culinary Corps is "death from within!"

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Nooo no, they don't advertise like that, they feel as though they are the most important part of the regiment! And not because they are feeding the men, but because they are weeding out weakness by killing off the soldiers who can't cut it in the field. Preferably this is done long before they arrive in the field. They also help build up immunity to disease in the troops.

Brother-Sergeant

"Allez Cuisine! And Death!"

Or for the orks "You have been Choppa'd!"

- - - Updated - - -

"Allez Cuisine! And Death!"

Or for the orks "You have been Choppa'd!"
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    In the case of ratlings would much prefer a human sniper unit
    Special Weapon Squad not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    They still have [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440037a&prodId=prod7809 23"]Rough Rider models[/URL].
    Yeah, the GW site has been acting weird from my connection.. they weren't there when I posted that. I also have been seeing scenery from WHFB appearing and disappearing... then the castle set was showing up as $99 for a long time in my browser then suddenly it's almost $180.. No clue what's going on but it's really annoying..

EDIT: Wait.. did you mean to link to knights?
    Someone else linked to actual Rough Riders..

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Not really. Three guys with BS 3 aren't terribly effective, even with Sniper Rifles. And six Guardsmen have the staying power of a box of Kleenex. A Veteran Squad is pretty good, but I usually don't want to pay the points for them to keep them in the back with only three of them shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Three guys with BS 3 aren't terribly effective, even with Sniper Rifles. And six Guardsmen have the staying power of a box of Kleenex. A Veteran Squad is pretty good, but I usually don't want to pay the points for them to keep them in the back with only three of them shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    Yeah, the GW site has been acting weird from my connection.. they weren't there when I posted that. I also have been seeing scenery from WHFB appearing and disappearing... then the castle set was showing up as $99 for a long time in my browser then suddenly it's almost $180.. No clue what's going on but it's really annoying..

I did, I was half mocking and half serious. At this point if I were making some rough riders, I'd either go Forgeworld or I'd convert some fantasy models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post

I did, I was half mocking and half serious. At this point if I were making some rough riders, I'd either go Forgeworld or I'd convert some fantasy models.

- - - Updated - - -

I love SWS you just have to equip them right and give them the right mission. SWS squads need to be equipped one of two ways with either 3 flamers or with a combination of flamers and demo packs. I usually use 1 demo pack and 2 flamers. I like to toss them out the back of a valkyrie or vendetta at speed as suicide troops. If they survive they can hold an objective if not they almost never fail to pay for themselves (exceptions being the limited occasions you mishap on the deep-strike, or the demo pack hits you in the face). Even when you deep strike off course you can usually use them to draw fire due to the fact nobody wants to deal with them getting close to a useful unit.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I love SWS you just have to equip them right and give them the right mission. SWS squads need to be equipped one of two ways with either 3 flamers or with a combination of flamers and demo packs. I usually use 1 demo pack and 2 flamers. I like to toss them out the back of a valkyrie or vendetta at speed as suicide troops. If they survive they can hold an objective if not they almost never fail to pay for themselves (exceptions being the limited occasions you mishap on the deep-strike, or the demo pack hits you in the face). Even when you deep strike off course you can usually use them to draw fire due to the fact nobody wants to deal with them getting close to a useful unit.
    Insure your collection. http://www.nlmus.com Paint you collection http://www.facebook.com/nlmIndustries

Brother-Sergeant

I was more thinking of the old sniper unit when catachans had their own codex. Currently when I field snipers I put them in a command squad. and really it's fine.

If you could put camo cloaks on a special weapons team I'd think differently about them. as is tho command squad or just using human models as ratlings is the way to go.

If I were to wishlist a bit would be awesome if a special weapons team could be given camo cloaks and the sniper was a 2 man weapon team, one model as spotter providing +1 BS while it was alive. I'd be a bit more apt to field my sniper models then :P

Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast