BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

They are Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) though.

Tempestus Scions can be taken as part of an Astra Militarum force, but they can also be fielded as a complete army using the rules in Codex: Militarum Tempestus, which is also available to pre-order today.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

I know at least one Imperial Guard player who is not quite happy because apparently the scions don't have any heavy weapons and he was planning to use his old beret wearing storm trooper squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    I know at least one Imperial Guard player who is not quite happy because apparently the scions don't have any heavy weapons and he was planning to use his old beret wearing storm trooper squad.
    Who are also under armoured. I know I have a few of the basic Hellgun toting ones..

Cool thing about these models is that you can use them for two different units in the Imperial Guard Codex.

Use the fully helmeted heads for Veteran Squads and the Beret heads with full masks as Storm Troopers.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Can someone make something clear for me, I have storm troopers and commissars in my Guard army, do I need to get this astra tempestus codex or is there another codex coming out which covers everything i.e a Guard codex?

Sorry but I'm just confused on the issue!

Seems you don't need both.

IG contains Tempstus from what I can gather, but the Tempestus book is just them.

Think Tempestus = SAS and you won't go far wrong.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

"Imperial Guard Rumor Roundup"

Does not include: discussing how great/horrible/stupid/smart WAAC gamers are and slinging personal insults
    What it does include: rumors about IG rules, models, etc

I'll let you figure out which one I'd prefer you stick to.

Thank you.
    Last edited by The Girl; 03-29-2014 at 10:43 AM.

I just assumed that the Scions would be retconned to replace stormtroopers. GW wants to trademark everything, but Stormtroopers is too generic a name to trademark and GW isn't the first to apply the name stormtroopers to elite forces.

Previously, the stormtroopers were just spread across the Imperium doing various missions and what not. They still do that, but now they can fight as a fully fledged independent force in their own right. The Ordo Tempestus is just another military wing of the Imperium. This new Ordo will be retconned in and given a long and glorious history. I suppose the Ordo Tempestus is independent of the IG, but the Ordo probably still falls under the control of the Departmento Munitorium just like the IG.

I think its great that the stormtroopers (now Scions) have been finally giving some love and we can field an entire army of them, which I definitely plan to do. Plastic stormtroopers is a cause for much celebration.

They will not replace the IG as they are definitely just a supplement a la the Space Marine supplements and Codex Crimson Slaughter. I think this is a great move and the new minis look great.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's probably already been said, but I notice that Stormtroopers are no longer available on the GW website (at least under the IG section anyway).
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Kasrkin are gone, too. Glad I got a boxful while I still could.

Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast