BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Would it really be in character for them to have a deathstar unit anyway? When I think of IG, I think of massive squads of troops and heavy artillery.
    Agreed. Deathstar units don't fit the feel of the Imperial Guard.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    Agreed. Deathstar units don't fit the feel of the Imperial Guard.
    well, a heavy tank (think Spartan level heavy) would have been in character just fine...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    So you're just upset that the rock-paper-scissors meta of codex creep seems to have stopped on an army thats not your favored one?
    So you think it should just stagnate and stay the same?

There needs to be more variation to the game and this new Guard dex doesn't add anything really new. Grav guns were a good start for SMs, with high toughness MCs in 6th being to cheap and plentiful, but it's not enough.

I want to see the meta change by innovation, not just stagnate with spammy units like Missile-sides, riptides, Daemon Princes and Eldar Seers.
    Last edited by Harley; 04-04-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Chapter-Master

woohoo, just ordered codex not-imperial guard, a set of order cards, and a hydra. been ignoring rumours and pics here so I didn't know what it looked like. saw the front, thought eh, it is fine, but I don't need a hydra. then I spun the image and saw the crew and the doodads, and the wyvern mortars, and bought one...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    So you think it should just stagnate and stay the same?

There needs to be more variation to the game and this new Guard dex doesn't add anything really new. Grav guns were a good start for SMs, with high toughness MCs in 6th being to cheap and plentiful, but it's not enough.

I want to see the meta change by innovation, not just stagnate with spammy units like Missile-sides, riptides, Daemon Princes and Eldar Seers.
    Dude you don't even know what's in the book. I'd take a step back and wait until the book is in your hands before determining whether or not it's a stink burger or not
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Dude you don't even know what's in the book. I'd take a step back and wait until the book is in your hands before determining whether or not it's a stink burger or not
    Or do what, face internet peanut gallery critics like you? No, I draw my own opinions, and the list of included has already leaked. Go ahead and take your step back, I'm entitled to my own opinion regardless if you don't agree with it.

So far it looks like IG lost Marbo, Bastone and all artillery variants besides the Basilisk to gain a new Barrage Artillery tank similar in function to pre-existing nonmodelled tanks, an obscure subhuman model replacement, plastic storm troopers with a new transport, and a plastic independant character replacement model. None of these bring anything new to the codex, and only 1 of the models is much different from it's predecessor and is interesting, the Scions.

What we can take away from this is the new Astra Militarium has slightly better AP3 capability than the previous IG codex due to plentiful Hot-shot las, and slightly worse AP2 capability due to the Vendetta hike. Poor trade off in 6th addition.
    Last edited by Harley; 04-04-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Or do what, face internet peanut gallery critics like you? No, I draw my own opinions, and the list of included has already leaked. Go ahead and take your step back, I'm entitled to my own opinion regardless if you don't agree with it.

So far it looks like IG lost Marbo, Bastone and all artillery variants besides the Basilisk to gain a new Barrage Artillery tank similar in function to pre-existing nonmodelled tanks, an obscure subhuman model replacement, plastic storm troopers with a new transport, and a plastic independant character replacement model. None of these bring anything new to the codex, and only 1 of the models is much different from it's predecessor and is interesting, the Scions.

What we can take away from this is the new Astra Militarium has slightly better AP3 capability than the previous IG codex due to plentiful Hot-shot las, and slightly worse AP2 capability due to the Vendetta hike. Poor trade off in 6th addition.
    You do realize that as long as you own the latest version of Imperial Armour 1 you will still be able to use all of those vehicles that aren't on that list? There's not even a guarantee that list is accurate. Besides, even if those units are taken out, the associated points costs and unique rules existing units get could still see a meta shift. You are being rude, asinine and downright silly. Calm the heck down and wait for the codex to come out so that we can have the full picture. Or do you want to end up being in the same boat as the naysayers that predicted Tau would be terrible after they got a glimpse at the leaked codex?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    The original post wasn't kidding about its pose matching up with the artwork was it. Neat, it'd be nice to see a larger picture, the face looks a bit weird in that tiny one.
    [URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/a8ce3d28cee7a07279cbb07480355355_zps1a5d96f3.jpg.h tml][/URL]

and a few shots from the codex preview from itunes that include the new Ogryns

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/bd03defa60f6bca7755475ae8c3f2dc6_zps924b25fe.jpg.h tml][/URL]

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/1cc51ed1d0abde3425693ff7b51ee422_zpsd5fb7221.jpg.h tml][/URL]

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/4a71ce028232266a4077b1c6d0c1c2d5_zps90822aad.jpg.h tml][/URL]

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/8f622a836190877d0504088aadc49bcf_zps95a6eada.jpg.h tml][/URL]
    Last edited by lævus; 04-05-2014 at 03:57 AM.

£5.50 saving on the Armoured Fist squad.

Credit where it's due!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

All the new models are excellent, I've not felt the desire to do an IG (AM?) army since second edition (excpet for DKoK, but then, who hasn't wanted that) but with the Scions, cool new Ogryns and the Taurox, which i think looks really cool and makes sene, the AM has enough tanks for tranport, sometimes its going to need something fast and able to go where tanks can't, not to sure about the weapons stuck on the sides, but why would you take those over the turret anyway?

Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast