- Guardsman Marbo
    - Commander Chenkov
    - Captain Al'Rahem
    - Sergeant Bastonne
    - Penal Legion Squad
    - Medusa
    - Colossus
    - Griffon
    ARG! Seriously? I just bought a FW Medusa TODAY!
    I cry.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    - Medusa
    - Colossus
    - Griffon
    So they add in a four-barreled sort-of-mortar tank so that they can tack it in with the Hydra kit, and then go about removing all three of the existing mortar-style tanks, including one that'd been around since 2nd edition, with the new tank being so different that it'll force people to buy the new kit if they want a mortar tank?

Yeah, I'd kind of expect that level of BS from Games Workshop these days.

Librarian

Does their removal mean they are no longer field-able within a Starmy at all?

It's been so long I can't remember how the IA stuff interfaces with regular codices.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Does their removal mean they are no longer field-able within a Starmy at all?

It's been so long I can't remember how the IA stuff interfaces with regular codices.

Usually the IA entry says "The MagicStampyPantsTank can be included in any Astra Militarum Army as a Heavy Support Choice"
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

A reminder, or for those that haven't caught it: Derailing threads with arguments about subjects that are off topic or derailing with personal attacks [always off topic] will now incur a 4 day ban to any user that participates; that will escalate per additional infraction.

If you need to gripe about an off topic subject take it [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?43394-The-Lounge-Hamsterdam-Home-to-all-of-your-thread-derailing-complaints-arguments&p=408864#post408864"]here[/URL]. Personal attacks are never acceptable.

I had to ban three people from this thread before having coffee this morning... don't force me to do it again.
    Last edited by The Girl; 04-07-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo

Baron - House Descanso

Hi!
    Some pics of the new codex(Interesting for spanish readers):
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/04/imagenes-del-codex-astra-militarum-en.html[/url]
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

I'm a bit ashamed people can't stay civil while discussing plastic army men.

Anyway.. Penal troops don't seem to be gone.. they seem to be actual mother flippin Last Chancers!?!? While I am upset that my generic penal guys (that I bought/converted from Victoria) are no pointless, I am thrilled that the last chancers seem to be back. We don't know 100% that penal troops are gone either.. they're just not currently in the store.

I heard someone say something about "they would need to redo really old metal models" and another bit about there being no models for some of the things that aren't there.
    The Griffon did have a kit. It wasn't the best but it existed (I have one). The old Col Straken model was redone as were Ratlings and Cadians (they started out in metal). Ogryns have been redone a few times over now. GW isn't opposed to the idea of re-doing old kits.. please stop acting like that's some kind of thing. Also, there weren't models for Manticores or Deathstrikes.. (outside of FW).

Do we know 100% that those things are removed? We had been told that Marbo was gone but look.. he's right there as an AM Elite choice. Once again though, Rough Riders are not present. Hmm.. but.. we shouldn't make any sort of assumptions based on what is or isn't in the store.. Ogryn aren't there. We know for a fact those are coming.
    I think the moral of the story is that we should all step back, take a deep breath and realize that we have no idea what's coming other than the things we've seen. There are plenty of rumors out there.. but until they're verified, a rumor is just that.. some dude saying something.

As for the guy that said this book won't be around forever.. yeah no joke. I've got a stack of old IG codices from different editions that weren't around forever. One thing that's certain with GW.. if you don't like the rules or the codex, just hold your breath and it'll change (unless it's orks..).

EDIT:
    Now I have seen that Rough Riders are in fact IN the new codex.. but not currently in the store.. so what does that tell ya..
    Last edited by Mike Lawler; 04-07-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Fly Lord

Agramar - You are officially awarded a Knighthood for services to the BoLS Realm!

Rise Baron Agramar and enjoy your custom title!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Baron - House Descanso

Thank you,You Grace
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    Now I have seen that Rough Riders are in fact IN the new codex.. but not currently in the store.. so what does that tell ya..
    It tells me I may spend way too much money if a plastic rough rider box is incoming.

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast