BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    No, it's really not. You may also wish to look up what hyperbole is, on account it's not the expression of a conflicting opinion.

Malcador, being super heavy, is immune to shaken and stunned, and it can't be immobilised or have its weapons knackered. It can split fire over as many weapons as it has on the model. It's harder to glance to death. It also has an advantage in that it's easier to find cover for a single model than it is two, especially when it comes to tanks.

And let's expand the inclusion (as per original rumour) to include Baneblade and Co. Weapons get bigger, chassis gets tougher. Soaks up more, kills more. This is a massive advantage outside of Apocalypse. And such a game becomes 'kill the super heavy'. Which is dull.
    Well who didn't look at when a post is dated...

The comparison was based on rules from the last edition of Apoc (Feb 2013), and the Malcador specifies in its rules that it can be immobilised on a 4+ on a penetrating hit before rolling on the damage table. All your comments make it quite clear that you know nothing about this unit other than that it is a superheavy.

It's chassis is weaker than the LBT, it is no longer than a LR and about half as wide, which you would know if you had actually seen one played.
    The Malcador can easily be made to fit into 40K, it is far from being indestructible.

Your comments if not hyperbole, are the most ignorant set of exaggerations that have more common place on whineseer than BoLS.

As has been stated, the tank would be fine if it lost the superheavy rules of Apoc, your whine that it is a superheavy (when even forgeworld has it in normal and superheavy sections) is nonsensical, probably due to having tailored your list as vehicles suck in 6th herp derp

Chapter-Master

Renegade, quit being a dick.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

it is believed that special weapon squads will receive their own box set.
    You mean like they already do?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Renegade, quit being a dick.
    Oh, name calling. I guess you don't like it when a player knows more than you do about a unit, and knows exactly how it effects the game.

Darklink is That Guy obviously.

Fly Lord

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeqVGP-GPM"]"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"[/URL]

Everyone calm down...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    You mean like they already do?
    heavy weapon squads have a boxed set, not special weapon squads.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

-‘Mission Objectives’ are potentially a new special rule for the Imperial Guard, although my channels are a little dry on this front, one can only begin to imagine what they do. I heard on the grapevine, that this special rule would allow even sergeants, to order ‘minor orders’ to their own unit.
    Sounds good... think that there could easily be some wishlisting going on though.

-
    Formerly Forge World dominated vehicles will take a tour in the Imperial Guard codex. This means we could see such units as the Forge World Destroyer Tank Hunter as part of the upcoming codex. Although one finds it extremely unlikely they will receive a new plastic kit.
    As above, and would hope that they include different regiments with it if they do.

-Headquarters units have seen a massive shake up. Above the whole organisation, some units have been deleted, others modified. You start by buying a command squad, this is then changed by swapping the officer for a commissar, if one wishes too. The three present advisors have been retained, with the addition of the Primaris Psyker as a command squad advisor.
    Not so sure I like this, it is bad enough that a Commissar Lord ends up being the warlord choice over the CSS. wait and see I guess.

-Ministorum Priests are back in the same manner as before, this time though it has been rumoured they increase the ranged output of the unit, as well combat potential. Maybe in the form of the ‘preferred enemy’ special rule, who knows?
    So they end up a bit like WHFB priests? I have heard something like that doing the rounds, and think it could be quite cool.

-The mighty (or not so mighty Enginseer) has stayed relatively the same, except for the transition from HQ to either Elite or Heavy Support. But what excites me the most, are their roles on the field of battle. Apparently they will act much like Royal Courts in the Necron army, bought with certain upgrades, then attached out to other units, to confer certain benefits to that unit.
    I guess it is a definite wait and see.

-The mighty (or not so mighty Enginseer) has stayed relatively the same, except for the transition from HQ to either Elite or Heavy Support. But what excites me the most, are their roles on the field of battle. Apparently they will act much like Royal Courts in the Necron army, bought with certain upgrades, then attached out to other units, to confer certain benefits to that unit.
    If the rumoured new FOC of a super heavy is true, then this may be a useful guy to have around. Wait and see of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    If the rumoured new FOC of a super heavy is true, then this may be a useful guy to have around. Wait and see of course.

I starting to think that the mountain will give birth to a mouse..... i think that it will be nota asuper heavy, but something smaller... the malcador tank is more realistic, in rules in size, i dont consider malcador a super heavy tank... just an heavy one, smaller, fluffy.... i would like to have one :P

other thing, the douctrines.... aaaah i loved them in 4th, they where so cool... the drop army list, the granadiers with 4+ save... good times...

Quote Originally Posted by camisa View Post
    I starting to think that the mountain will give birth to a mouse..... i think that it will be nota asuper heavy, but something smaller... the malcador tank is more realistic, in rules in size, i dont consider malcador a super heavy tank... just an heavy one, smaller, fluffy.... i would like to have one :P
    As an owner, I would recommend getting in quick before they go plastic.

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast