BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I guess you missed all the confirmations of Marbo not being in the book.

Time for IG players to find other crutches besides vendettas and Marbo :P
    Well I got some for you:

Militarum Tempestus:
    - No Relic Wargear at all
    - Super ****ty editing on the book
    - No named HQ's (or even one), with the most bad *** human military organisation in the galaxy, one would guess atleast someone would have made some deeds to make his name known...
    - Rules that are either invalid or i just don't understand the core rulebook..
    - Sub par release overall

Astra Militarum:
    - Relic Wargear: str 5 ap4 pistol and +1s ap3 swords.. i mean wtf.. oh and a vox caster (although given the new rules this just might be the pearl of the codex...)

Other than that I am drooling here for the new dex and i am positive i will be liking it eventually

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Well I got some for you:

Militarum Tempestus:
    - No Relic Wargear at all
    - Super ****ty editing on the book
    - No named HQ's (or even one), with the most bad *** human military organisation in the galaxy, one would guess atleast someone would have made some deeds to make his name known...
    - Rules that are either invalid or i just don't understand the core rulebook..
    - Sub par release overall

Astra Militarum:
    - Relic Wargear: str 5 ap4 pistol and +1s ap3 swords.. i mean wtf.. oh and a vox caster (although given the new rules this just might be the pearl of the codex...)

Other than that I am drooling here for the new dex and i am positive i will be liking it eventually
    I noticed the complete lack of imagination and tactical diversity.

I hope there's a page that I haven't seen that allows me to tweek the army as a whole to allow different tactics other wise a static gunline or tanks tanks tanks will be the only 2 options.

If this is the new GW with Nids and Guard being boring, predictable, 5th edition rereleases; then I say we stage a protest.
    Last edited by Halollet; 04-11-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Battle-Brother

Marbo wasn't a crutch, he was a fun "I'm in your backfield, demo charging your... oh it scattered back on me... crap."

As for the Vendetta, yeah I literally said because of it's point efficiency I had no reason to ever run a valk, guess I do now.
    The time for hope has long since past, the shadow of death is the one I cast.
    Tyranid: Record as of 3/14/2014 0 W - 5 L - 0 D

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Halollet View Post
    I noticed the complete lack of imagination and tactical diversity.

I hope there's a page that I haven't seen that allows me to tweek the army as a whole to allow different tactics other wise a static gunline or tanks tanks tanks will be the only 2 options.

If this is the new GW with Nids and Guard being boring, predictable, 5th edition rereleases; then I say we stage a protest.
    Umm - if the missing units were your idea of tactics for your whole army's game plan, as opposed to 1-trick pony distractions, you need to look up tactical diversity. As to a protest, yeah, you man the barricades comrade, I'll be inside with a beer and some dice.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

Looking the figures available on the GW website and the rumours about missing named heroes, I have a sneaky suspicion that there are going to be a few supplements. Mordians are for sale, Gaunts Ghosts, Shaeffers Last Chancers as well. Looks like they are targeting our paper / ebook crack addiction as well as our plastic one.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Umm - if the missing units were your idea of tactics for your whole army's game plan, as opposed to 1-trick pony distractions, you need to look up tactical diversity. As to a protest, yeah, you man the barricades comrade, I'll be inside with a beer and some dice.
    Well, my point of view might be different. I don't use any tanks in my guard, just dudes. So, I used Al or Creed to outflank a chunk of them. Now, that's gone, and I'm worried about running out of room in my deployment zone at this point. And Aegis lines are only so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Alqualonde View Post
    Looking the figures available on the GW website and the rumours about missing named heroes, I have a sneaky suspicion that there are going to be a few supplements. Mordians are for sale, Gaunts Ghosts, Shaeffers Last Chancers as well. Looks like they are targeting our paper / ebook crack addiction as well as our plastic one.
    Yeah, that's true. Would love to see a Shaeffer formation with all the crazy rules it had before!

Talking

Well, my point of view might be different. I don't use any tanks in my guard, just dudes. So, I used Al or Creed to outflank a chunk of them.
    So you used Creed and Al'rehem? Were the Troops Catachan perchance?

Now, that's gone, and I'm worried about running out of room in my deployment zone at this point. And Aegis lines are only so long!
    Wall of Martyrs Network Boy, Wall of Martyrs network. Stubborn is a bigger deal now we have less Commissars at our disposal.

Yeah, that's true. Would love to see a Schaeffer formation with all the crazy rules it had before!

Yeah but as a formation, had it been in the book as Elite like it used to be no one would ever take anything else in Kill Team Games. EVER!

Or maybe we'll get a 13th Penal Legion Supplement that will come with a new plastic Shaffer with a Lt Cage mini?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Maybe we can send the Chaos and Nid guys and the people waging a war against Lords of War in 40K to back him up?

And then call in exterminatus on that point?

Well I'm glad I never converted that counts as Marbo Riddick Mini for my Penal Legion army. Would be less bugged by his removal had they added a generic 1-3 choice budget Marbo As the idea of a crazy lone wolf Veteran is an appealing one, laspistol and ccw base with power weapon or sniper rifle or poison or demo charge ect options. Sorta how the Red Terror turned into Raveners.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Pledge manager hasn't gone out yet so technically none. But I'm getting a few of the Jailbirds and a lot of Kurganova and Iron Empire.
    Nice I plan on getting the Jailbirds to fill out my Penal Legion army (might just have a full platoon of ladies if I do that rather than one measly Squad.) and maybe convert a few of the and teh Iron Legion girls for my Savlar army.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697