BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Please help trim this list 2000 points Space Marines

Currently its at 2000 points but hoping to get some of the new centurions so wondering what i could drop. Thanks

HQ
    Captain Lysander (with Terminators)

Command squad four plasma- Razorback with Lascannons

Elite

Terminator squad 6 marines chain fist cyclone missile launcher

Troops

Tactical Squad 10 marines with Multi Melta,Flamer -Rhino

Tactical Squad 10 marines,Plasma Cannon,Plasma Gun-Rhino

Scout Squad 8 snipers , 1 Missile Launcher Camo cloaks-

Scout Squad 8 Bolters , 1 Heavy bolter (teleport beacon for Terminators)

Fast Attack
    Bike Squad 4 bikers,2 meltas
    Space marine attack bike with multi melta -

Storm Talon with Skyhammer Missiles

Chapter-Master

Drop the teleport homer. If you deepstrike, which generally you shouldn't, just deepstrike far enough away that you won't scatter off the table or onto the enemy. It's not like you need to land close, you've got the range, and it's not like the Scouts can infiltrate right next to your opponent then survive for 2-4 turns in order to have a teleport homer in place for your Terminators to accurately deepstrike there anyways.

You can also trim down the Scout squads. They don't contribute much beyond being a relatively cheap scoring unit, and whether it's 5 or 8, if your opponent seriously tries to kill them they're dead. Scouts aren't cheap enough to warrant larger squads.

That saves you like 80pts right there. I would then drop the Razorback in favor of a Drop Pod, and then upgrade the command squad to a unit of Sternguard. Sternguard with Lysander are absolutely brutal. Depending on the game, either put Lysander with the Sternguard, or with the Terminators. But, like I said, deepstriking Terminators is usually not a particularly good idea, so mostly put Lysander with the Sternguard.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Not the most original content but Darklink has it down pat:
    Scouts at 5 strong with no homer.

5 scouts with camo & hb will probably be 78pts in the new codex, 85 with a ml and add another 10 for a veteran serg if you want.

Multi-melta & flamer tacticals will be 155 (165 with veteran), the plasma squad will be 170 (180).

All of which gives you a saving of 160 points just from your troops section. Drop the 6th termie and you have 200 pts free.

Razorback is the only dangerous armour you have (bar stormtalon) so will be hard to keep alive. Drop podding sternguard (ala Darklink) are nasty nasty nasty fun to use.
    Consider replacing the skyhammers with either typhoon or las. I've found them underwhelming.

Chapter-Master

Sternguard are supposed to get cheaper, too. 22pts each, I think?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.